none
SSRS Parameter Date randomly reverts to MM/dd/yyyy and not the defined dd/MM/yyyy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have recently upgraded to Windows 2016.  We use Citrix.

We use IE11 (Version 11.2828.14393.0).  We force the locale/English setting to be EN-AU.

Our SSRS Server is on Windows 2012 R2 with highest SP/security applied.  The database is residing on the same box.

All servers are set with en-AU as the locale and English setting.  All local settings are en-AU with the date formats being dd/MM/yyyy.

All Reports are forced to en-AU and all dates are formatted as dd/MM/yyyy.

The curious and adhoc issue is that some users when running the SSRS with date parameters, the parameter will display as dd/MM/yyyy but is trying to run as MM/dd/yyyy.  If they toggle in and out of the reports, then the paramaters will then display as MM/dd/yyyy.  If you then run the reports in US date format then the report will work, despite everything requiring it to be dd/MM/yyyy.

If they log off, then overnight when their profile is re-set the dates will then work the next day.

Clearing Cache on the IE browser doesn't do anything, the reports will persist with the US date format.

This does not occur in Chrome only IE.  It doesn't occur in your side by side system of Windows 2010 - just Windows 2016.

I've run out of ideas of where and how the Internet Browser is hijacking the date settings and changing them.  Has anyone seen this scenario before and how did you resolve it?

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi MandyCA,

This case seems has very complicated behavior, could we start with one thing is to change the IE settings?

Seems those reports run all well in Chrome, I guess, there are some settings must be changed in IE. Could you try the guidance in follow link to change the date format in IE browser, change it to EN-au for IE browser. 

Dates are showing in US format (MM/dd/yyyy)

Hope this could work.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:07 AM
  • Thanks Lukas,

We have our browser language preference is set to EN-AU.  When I review the report in developer mode in IE, I can also see that the language displays as EN-AU.

I'm really stumped on how it's been by-passed. 

Regards

Mandy

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:16 PM
  • Hi Mandy,

Well, since we are no IE expert, that we can't tell exactly where the issue occurs in IE. I would suggest a work around is try using string date parameter instead of datetime type. I know this would cost some extra work, but I think with this approach, there would be no date format confusion by any browser or user enviroment.

Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 8:07 AM