none
SSRS 2008R2 - page breaks not working (used to work in 2008)

Question

• Hello,

I have several reports done in 2008.

They have two tablix and the first one  has a page break between each instance of group (2 pages) and used to work well in 2008.

The reports should have 3 pages (2 pages for tablix1 and 1 page for tablix2)

We transferred all on a 2008R2 server and the page break is ignored in VS, I see all content of tablix1 on the first page and tablix2 on the 2nd page.

In Report Manager I see only 1st instance of group (page 1), the 2nd instance of group is not visible at all. The next page displays the content of tablix2 already.

If I export the report in PDF is working well, I have 3 pages.

Any ideas please?

Thank you in advance,

Mano

Geozah

Thursday, August 01, 2013 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I changed Tablix's  Keep together property to False (previously I played with Group Keep together property) and the report is correctly displayed in Report Manager.

In BIDS I still see all instances of the group on one page, I don't understand why, but is not a big problem now.

I hope it could help someone if will encounter the same situation...

Geozah

• Marked as answer by Mano__ Monday, August 05, 2013 6:10 PM
    Monday, August 05, 2013 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Geozah,

I try to reproduce the issue in my test environment, however, I cannot get the result as your describe.

Did you specify expression in the Visibility property for the group in Tablix1 after upgrade the report? It would made some group instance unable visible .To exclude this situation , I recommend you recreate a new page break for your report ,and deploy to report server.

If there is any misunderstanding ,please let me know .And there is an article about Pagination in Reporting Services ,you can refer to it .
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255278(v=sql.105).aspx

Thanks,
    Alisa Tang

Friday, August 02, 2013 7:13 AM
  • Hi Alisa,

Thank you for your answer, I'm sure is not easy to reproduce it.

There are expressions for both, group and line visibility, but nothing new after upgrading the server. The same reports work well on 2008 (Report manager, BIDS and PDF).

It is a problem of rendering, and is different in each environment:

Report manager - missing section

BIDS no page breaks but I see my 2 groups on one page (only in Print layout mode is correct)

PDF - correct

Could be a property I should change, or the config file...?

The reports are very complex and it will be very difficult to redo them.

Workaround:

- create parent, child group insert page break - didn't work

- delete existing group and add new group (visibility = true), insert page break - didn't work

- delete report's data file - didn't work

- copy project from 2008 and open in 2008R2 to upgrade it - not working as well

- change Keep together property to False - no page break, only one additional page

I don't have any other idea what to try...

Geozah

Friday, August 02, 2013 3:10 PM
  • Hello,

I changed Tablix's  Keep together property to False (previously I played with Group Keep together property) and the report is correctly displayed in Report Manager.

In BIDS I still see all instances of the group on one page, I don't understand why, but is not a big problem now.

I hope it could help someone if will encounter the same situation...

Geozah

• Marked as answer by Mano__ Monday, August 05, 2013 6:10 PM
    Monday, August 05, 2013 6:10 PM