none
SQL Server Driver missing (SQLSRV32.DLL) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the SQL server driver.

I'm using a 32-bit application in my laptop, so with a new update of SQL Server Management Studio this driver was missing and doesn't appears in the Drivers menu in OBDC Data Source Administrator  (only appears the name SQL Server) and I cant connect my application with our server.

There is some issue with this driver? Is it possible that the driver has been corrupted?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:02 PM

All replies

• SSMS uses ADO.NET, why should other provider with it? You can get the driver from Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016 Feature Pack => sqlncli.msi/msodbcsql.msi

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:58 PM
  • My application needs the SQLSRV32.dll to work correclty, so with this new driver that you says, it will work?
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:07 PM
  • My application needs the SQLSRV32.dll to work correclty, so with this new driver that you says, it will work?

Why does it that particular DLL? It is a very old version of the ODBC driver.

Also, this driver comes with the OS, so installation of SSMS should not affect it. Have you looked in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for the DLL?

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:09 PM

Why does it that particular DLL? It is a very old version of the ODBC driver.

Also, this driver comes with the OS, so installation of SSMS should not affect it. Have you looked in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for the DLL?

I talked with a developer of this application and says that this dll is used specific for the SQL server connection into the app, actually when I open this app says "[OBDC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" and the option "SQL Server" in the tap "Driver" in the OBDC Data source Administrator (32-bit) is empty, btw the others drivers are selected the dll correctly. 

And yes, I looked in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and there is it, so I dont know why in OBDC drivers menu is empty. 

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:49 PM
  • What about downloading and installing ODBC Driver for SQL Server 17, which is the most recent version?

As I said, the old driver is exactly that: old.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:11 PM
  • Hi Carlos.Guerrero, 

Please download and install new ODBC Driver.

Download ODBC Driver for SQL Server

Best Regards,

Rachel 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:29 AM