Sharepoint Configuration DataBase Recovery mode Issue RRS feed

• Question

• i was opening my SharePoint Central Admin, it gives the error;

This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.

when i opened the database, i found the configuration database went with recovery mode, i deattach the database, and now i am trying to re-attach the database again i am getting the error:

SQL Configuration Error

when i tried to re-configure the sharepoint, it gives the error:

Sharepoint Configuration Error

what can i do now ?

please help.

Saturday, October 17, 2015 10:03 PM

Answers

• Some checks;

• In SSMS, does the sharepoint farm account configured as DBO for all farm databases?
    • Does the account you logged in with configured as local admin and as DBO on all farm databases?
    • Thoroughly review all accounts
    • Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Monday, November 2, 2015 7:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sara Fan Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:42 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 11:34 PM
  • This isn't a permissions issue. There is something wrong with the LDF. As it says, run a DBCC CheckDb on your Config database, but a few things to know: REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS is not supported and restoring the ConfigDb from backup is also not supported. If either of these scenarios are required, you must rebuild the farm from scratch with a new ConfigDb.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Monday, November 2, 2015 7:49 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 11:37 PM

All replies

• Some checks;

• In SSMS, does the sharepoint farm account configured as DBO for all farm databases?
    • Does the account you logged in with configured as local admin and as DBO on all farm databases?
    • Thoroughly review all accounts
    • Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Monday, November 2, 2015 7:48 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 11:34 PM
  • This isn't a permissions issue. There is something wrong with the LDF. As it says, run a DBCC CheckDb on your Config database, but a few things to know: REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS is not supported and restoring the ConfigDb from backup is also not supported. If either of these scenarios are required, you must rebuild the farm from scratch with a new ConfigDb.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Monday, November 2, 2015 7:49 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 11:37 PM
  • Hi,

If these replies are helpful to you, you could mark the replies as answers to close the case.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 12:59 AM