none
Pass SSRS Parameters when clikcing bookmark RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing some issues in SSRS Bookmark section. Please see the below questions.

1) When I set bookmark, Dynamic Bookmark-ID is not shown in SSRS URL, I know bookmark ID will starts with "#" tag Ex(#1645JTi3) and it will enable when we click any chart or tablix. but in my dashbaord the Id will not shown.

2) I want to pass parameters when I click Bookmark. For Example. I have one (tablix or matrix) with data bar. 

i) Employee ID

ii) Total Projects Counts (Assume that, 30 will be the Total Project Count ).

iii) data bar will be Done(10), Completed(20),  In Progress (10). So three bars will come.

At the time of initial loading the Data bar will not be visible, when I click Employee ID then the data bar have to show without loading page. which means Cursor will not be change.

Please anyone guide me how to achieve this task... I am eagerly looking answer for Question 2.

Friday, September 27, 2019 10:52 AM

All replies

• 2) I want to pass parameters when I click Bookmark.

Not clear for me, pass a parameter to what?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, September 27, 2019 11:41 AM
  • Hi Olar,

I am having three columns in the tablix.

EmpID, Project_Cnt and Data bar , but Data bar is optional, it will not get visible in initial loading.  So we will get all employees in the tablix woth two Columns. (EmpID, Proejct_Cnt).

I just want to show the Data bar when I click any Employee ID from tablix. If I do this Action with "Go to Report" or "Go to URL", the dashboard will reload. I want to go to the Specific Employee Cell in tablix. So that I can show the Data bar for that Emplyee ID.

Please give me a solution to achieve this.

Friday, September 27, 2019 11:50 AM
  • Hi Guru SQL,

Bookmark is simply  to provide customized internal navigation links in the report. It can't provide the feature you desired for.

To pass the parameter, for SSRS, it has to have the page reloaded using drill through report or the URL accessing you mentioned.

You could check this thread with similar issue : pass parameters to bookmark

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 30, 2019 8:17 AM