none
Excel Destination SQL2012/Office 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to configure the Excel Destination is SSIS, I click on Name of the Excel Sheet drop down, I get the error below:

"Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'.
    Failed to connect to the source using the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'"

I have server 2012 64-bit, sql2012 64-bit and office 2013 64-bit. Already downloaded AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe and installed.

What do I have to do to fix this?

Sunday, December 9, 2012 1:03 PM

All replies

• This will fix your problem

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1355460-145-1.aspx#bm1376976

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012 1:26 PM
  • Hi Carlje,

SQL Server Data Tool is a 32-bit application, you need install 32-bit ACE OLE DB provider, you can download it from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Then you can set Run64BitRuntime to False to run the package, please see details: http://www.bidn.com/blogs/ShawnHarrison/ssis/2362/ssis-basics-running-a-package-in-32-bit-mode

Thanks,
    Eileen

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Eileen Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:47 AM
  • Still not fixed. I cannot install  AccessDatabaseEngine 32bit because I have 64-bit office installed and it refuses to install.

I also installed sqlserver2012 sp1. Running the package in 32bit mode does not make a difference.

Error at Package [Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager"]: The requested OLE DB provider Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is not registered. If the 32-bit driver is not installed, run the package in 64-bit mode. Error code: 0x00000000.

An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components"  Hresult: 0x80040154  Description: "Class not registered".

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:32 AM
  • I have the same problem.  Using 64-bit Office 2013 trying to connect from SQL Server 2012 SP1.

Have tried with and without AccessDatabaseEngine 64 installed.  Made sure the Connection string was definitely set correctly to use the Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 with the Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0 XML".  Tried in 64-bit and 32-bit runtime.

My error is:

"Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'.
    Failed to connect to the source using the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'"

When trying to select the table from the Spreadsheet.

• Edited by Steven Allen Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:59 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:55 AM
  • The solution is to install the 32-bit driver when the SSIS and Excel are both 64-bit because the development tool is only 32-bit?  This is the same crap we've been dealing with since SQL Server 2005 (7+ years now).  What's the reason for no 64-bit Visual Studio?

If it's just that you can't use the 64-bit driver with 64-bit version of Office because Visual Studio is 32-bit, then why is Visual Studio still 32-bit only?  Practically every other component that ships with SQL Server is 64-bit, we obviously have to be doing 64-bit development using it, heck even Office is now 64-bit, and it's the recommended version for PowerPivot which many of also have to use that are using SSIS.  Come on, the product teams can't really be that disorganized or stupid, can they?

I mean, if it's really true, this is what Microsoft's telling people:  Here's our shiny, new, powerful SQL Server with this really nice version 3 of our SSIS tool.  Here's our brand new Office application that's 64-bit (2nd version of it) and we recommend you use that version if you have to do PowerPivot development.  But... you can't use both if you ever need to use SSIS to access Excel files because the development tool (how many version of Visual Studio are we on now?) is only 32-bit...

• Edited by Steven Allen Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:10 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:05 AM
  • Still not fixed. I cannot install  AccessDatabaseEngine 32bit because I have 64-bit office installed and it refuses to install.

I also installed sqlserver2012 sp1. Running the package in 32bit mode does not make a difference.

Error at Package [Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager"]: The requested OLE DB provider Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is not registered. If the 32-bit driver is not installed, run the package in 64-bit mode. Error code: 0x00000000.

An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components"  Hresult: 0x80040154  Description: "Class not registered".

Hi Carlje,

I have same softwares (sql 2012 and excel 2013,both are 64bit) installed in my environment and the issue is occuring on me. Did you fix it? If yes, how?

thanks,
    Jerry

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:21 AM
  • Different bitness version of office and ACE OLEDB cannot coexist
    You have  to uninstall 64 bit office and install 32 bit office with 32 bit ACE OLEDB provider to get it working

For the reason behind why we donot have 64 bit VS there is great article here _

look for "Visual Studio: Why is there no 64 bit version?  (yet)"  at blogs.msdn

• Proposed as answer by Lalitesh-MSFT Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:48 PM
  • Steven,

In my opinion MS have decided VS will not benefit too much going 64bit because this is the type of tool, which doesn't deal with enormous amounts of data. The example you gave with PowerPivot is not particulary good because PV thrives with more memory and benefits tremendously. Also you have to keep in mind once you move to 64bit version now you will have issues with OLE DB and ODBC drivers which are only 32bit . There are more 32bit drivers compared to 64bit. Also it is probably not only the drivers. The VS ecosystem is huge and there are many things dependent on it.

SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:47 AM