none
Publish Report from Report Builder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a report built in report Builder 3.0. I need to publish it to a server. What i need is a Open Source Sever. Is there any open source servers available to do that. I know it is a silly question please help me out in this.

Thanks,

Shreyas M

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 5:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• How about Skydrive or onedrive or whatever they call it now.

You can share it and ftp it down from the uri to a client.

You can choose particular people to share with if you needed security - although this is only really going to work for a small number of users.

Hope that helps
    Please don't forget to upvote posts which you like and mark those which answer your question.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:19 AM
  • Hi Andy,

The link generated from OneDrive doesn't work in Report Builder when i Publish the report.

Thanks,

Shreyas M

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:18 AM
  • "

You can share it and ftp it down from the uri to a client.

"

FTP them down to the client rather than just sticking the uri into reportbuilder.

Hope that helps
    Please don't forget to upvote posts which you like and mark those which answer your question.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:32 AM
  • Hi mIN-MADIN,

According to your description, you have created a report in Report Builder 3.0. Now you want to publish the report onto a open source server. Right?

In Reporting Server, to share your report, you need to publish, or deploy it to a report server or SharePoint site. So you need to configure report server or SharePoint on your open source server. Please refer to the documents below:

Publishing Reports to a Report Server

Publish a Report to a SharePoint Library

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Simon Hou

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:40 PM
  • I have a report built in report Builder 3.0. I need to publish it to a server. What i need is a Open Source Sever.

Hello,

An open source server as replacement for MS SSRS = Reporting Server? Not available.

You can use the free "MS SQL Server Express Edition with Advanced Services", which includes SSRS, but it has some limitations, see Features Supported by Reporting Services in SQL Server Express

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Sunday, December 7, 2014 5:03 PM