none
Service Broker Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Our production database was running fine and all of sudden the service broker started throwing errors

"Service Broker needs to access the master key in the database 'Intellicache'. Error code:25. The master key has to exist and the service master key encryption is required.

Error: 28054, Severity: 11, State: 1. "

We dont have a master key. I tried to re enable the service broker thing again but it did fix either. Do some one else too have a similar issue? Can some one help on this please?

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:12 PM

All replies

• Take a look at this article, this should get you started.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms166036.aspx

Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Most likely one of the applications on production started using SqlDependency (or it's ASP equivalent). With a db name containing 'cache' in it, I'm pretty sure this is the cause.
    The SqlDependency infrastructure triggers this message. While you can ignore it w/o consequences, the best thing is to create a database master key.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 2:16 AM
  • Hi Remus,

You are right the client is using sqldependency and you are right the name of the database is 'intellicache'. Is this an issue? Another issue here is that the notification is not being fired, so its like the whole notification thing not working. Can you please tell me some work around or bug fixing for this? Thank  you so much for reply.

with Smile)s

Santhosh

Friday, July 13, 2007 4:15 AM