none
Access Object Collector error: I have Office 365 64 bit. I have SSMA 8.2 and I am using SQL Server 2017. RRS feed

• Question

• Access Object Collector error: Database
         Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CD7791B9-43FD-42C5-AE42-8DD2811F0419} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)). Please make sure that you are using the correct version of SQL Server Migration Assistant. If you have 32-bit Microsoft Access installed, then you will need to use 32-bit version of the Migration Assistant. In order to use 64-bit version of Migration Assistant, you will need to install 64-bit Microsoft Access components available at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=834402.
         An error occurred while loading database content. 

I get this error and I'm sure I have the access version installed.  No clue why I get this error.  Please help me.  Thanks.  

Monday, July 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Lorink,

According to your error message, please check bellows:
    1. Did you install SSMA 64 bit? 
    2. Microsoft Access 64 bit?

Please download and install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable on your system, then check if you can run SQL Service Migration Assistant for Access successfully.

I find a similar thread. Hope it could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Office 365 does not install any shared components, so external application cannot use it. You will need to install Access Runtime or Redistributable that is compatible with O365 (different version or different architecture).

It is well explained here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Data-Migration/Access-connectivity-components-for-SSMA/ba-p/391070.

Thanks,
    Alex.

• Marked as answer by LorinK Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Lorink,

According to your error message, please check bellows:
    1. Did you install SSMA 64 bit? 
    2. Microsoft Access 64 bit?

Please download and install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable on your system, then check if you can run SQL Service Migration Assistant for Access successfully.

I find a similar thread. Hope it could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Office 365 does not install any shared components, so external application cannot use it. You will need to install Access Runtime or Redistributable that is compatible with O365 (different version or different architecture).

It is well explained here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Data-Migration/Access-connectivity-components-for-SSMA/ba-p/391070.

Thanks,
    Alex.

• Marked as answer by LorinK Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:24 AM