none
How to put a "footer" on the bottom of sets of pages in a report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi forum members.

I'm a new SQL Reporting user and could use some guidance.

Here is a simple explanation of my application: imagine a report which prints out a grade report for each of 10 students. Depending on how many notes a teacher makes on the student's individual grade report, each student's report might be 1 or 2 pages long. 

To create this report I just used a List report item and laid out a typical grade report and filled in the appropriate fields (name, teacher, etc.) from my dataset query.

When I run the report, it is running great and the students and their grade reports all print out.

The problem I am running into is I want to make sure each student's name is on page 2 if the grade report for that student goes more than 1 page (so pages aren't separated from each other or mixed up). I tried using a Report Footer, but that just put the first student's name at the bottom of every page.  I could put a textfield at the bottom the list control but that would just appear at whatever length page 2 ended up being (basically you could have a "footer" at mid-page if the whole list only took up 1.5 pages).

How can I create a footer for each set of pages? Basically this would be a "footer" to the list control itself.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

davehunt00

Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:19 AM

All replies

• Why don't you put the student's name in the header and then set the header to repeat  on every page?

Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:23 PM
  • Hi sluggy, thanks for your input.

The problem is the report is actually for all the students in the class.  When I put Fields!StudentName in a textbox in the footer (and presumably the header, though I haven't tried it), only the first student (Aaron Adams) in the list of students name appears in the footer for every page.

What I need it Aaron's name to appear at the bottom of the pages this relevant info appears (1 or 2 pages of info contained within a list control) and then for Bob Baker's name to appear on the footer for the next couple pages, Chris Chen to appear on the next couple pages, etc.

Dave

Friday, August 17, 2007 2:23 AM