none
How can I tell what version of SQL Server Data Tools is installed in VS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Folks:

I know SSDT is now integrated with Visual Studio 2013 - and comes shipped with the product.  But for some reason - if I (with in Visual Studio 2013) do a Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Installed -> All, I do not see it.  If I do a Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio - I do see it there and it is version 12.0.4706.0.  But how do I know this is current?  I do see nothing in the Updates tab.  Do I just trust Microsoft?

In http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/hh297027 there are a couple of paragraphs going over "SSDT is integrated - you'll get it in updates ..." but nothing to help me verify that what I have is what I want.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  Please let me know how to verify my installed SSDT is current.  And while not from Missouri - I need a "show me" solution.  I don't trust absence in the update list.

Thanks

John

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:39 PM

All replies

• Hello John,

In Visual Studio click on menu "Help" => "About Microsoft Visual Studio", here you get the list of all installed plugins including the build numbers for them.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:44 AM
  • 12.0.40706.0 is the latest version of SSDT for Visual Studio 2013.

Friday, October 3, 2014 5:29 PM