none
Impersonation info via AMO - not copied when cloning SSAS DB ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have SSAS DB which has Impersonation info set to specific Windows user name and password.

I have AMO script in SSIS, which clone DB to another with different name, update structure with full expand and when I try to process new DB it fails with error "The name provided is not a properly formed account name....."

When i check it in SSMS I see, that impersonation mode is set to correct user but without password. When I set password manually in SSMS, then I am able to process new DB from AMO script.

Could you please let me know how to set with AMO also impersonation mode to USER and PASSWORD ?

Here is my code

Public Sub Main() Dim Connection As ConnectionManager Dim Server As New Server Connection = Dts.Connections("SSAS") Server.Connect(Connection.ConnectionString)

'Clone existing DB CUBE

Dim OldDB As Database = Server.Databases.FindByName("CUBE") Dim NewDB As Database = OldDB.Clone() NewDB.Name = "CUBE_merging" NewDB.ID = "CUBE_merging" Server.Databases.Add(NewDB) NewDB.Update(UpdateOptions.ExpandFull)

NewDB.Process(ProcessType.ProcessFull) '!!!!!!!! processing not working Server.Disconnect() Dts.TaskResult = ScriptResults.Success End Sub

Could someone help? Thanks

• Edited by volyn Friday, January 11, 2013 4:34 PM Grammatics
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi volyn,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hello

It is by design that the password cannot be copied and has to be entered manually. It is similar with the Deployment Wizard too.
    What you could do is to use AMO and add the information after the new database was created.
    Check out the AMO reference here:
         ImpersonationInfo Class
         http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/microsoft.analysisservices.impersonationinfo
                ImpersonationInfo Constructor (ImpersonationMode)
                ImpersonationInfo Constructor (String, String)
                ImpersonationInfo Constructor (ImpersonationMode, String, String)
         ImpersonationMode Enumeration
         http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/microsoft.analysisservices.impersonationmode
                ImpersonateAccount

From the Adventure Works sample AMO code you can see how it is done for the Service Account:
    http://msftasprodsamples.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=SS2008%21Readme_AMOAdventureWorks&referringTitle=Home
                db.DataSourceImpersonationInfo
                    = new ImpersonationInfo(ImpersonationMode.ImpersonateServiceAccount);
                db.Update();

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thanks,
    Orsi
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, January 18, 2013 9:53 PM
    Answerer