none
Create numerous databases at runtime in cloud with more secured and scalable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have requirement of creating server and thousands of databases in clouds at runtime using any .net languages where server creation will be 1 time activity and these databases should be scalable and secured so that user can not see data of others. Hence could any one please tell me standard practices for secured and scalable databases in clouds using Microsoft Azure. We want either SQL or MySQL database as per the costing for numerous users.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupali

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi I check IT,

The Permissions for table-valued parameters follow the object security model for SQL Server, by using the Transact-SQL keywords: CREATE, GRANT, DENY, ALTER, CONTROL, TAKE OWNERSHIP, REFERENCES, EXECUTE, VIEW DEFINITION, and REVOKE. But SQL Azure do not support for that.

Based on my research you can try to add the ADD/DENY/REVOKE permissions to the TYPE class in the future, you can grant schema permissions to the non-admin user. For sample code please refer to this thread.

For scalability is a key advantage of Windows Azure SQL Database is the ease with which you can scale your solution. After partitioning your data, the service scales as your data grows.
    For more information, please refer to here

Regards, Amber zhang

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:51 AM
    Answerer
  • Read my blog about the subject 

http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/2010/09/be-careful-to-grant-dbcreator-server.html

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP,http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

Monday, August 6, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Hello Amber,

Thanks for the reply. could you please let me know how MySQL procede in MS Azure so that it will help me to final either SQL or MySQL. As per my information SQL Azure is a service where server and database creation are done in MS Azure and its mentainance except table creation and transaction is also handled by Azure itself. But for MySQL, virtual machine is required which need to be mentain by user not Azure.

Thanks & Regards,

i CHECK IT

Monday, August 6, 2012 11:31 AM