none
Is Visual Studio compatable with any screen readers? For example, JAWS, NVDA or ZOOMTEXT. I am blind and would like to write programs in Visual Studio, but I can not seem to get the screen reader to read the text in the program screen or the error messa

Question

• Is Visual Studio compatable with any screen readers such as NVDA, JAWS or Zoom,text?

I am blind and would like to learn to write programs in C Plus Plus, console applications or any of the others available in the Visual Studio platform.

Are there any articles that may give some ideas as to resources available to show how to use one of these blind aids to enable a programmer to edit, run and execute a program.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Eugene Hodges,

As far as I know, Visual Studio 2013 is compatible with Windows Narrator and JAWS. Visual Studio development teams made an extensive investment to ensure this function.

Please refer to following link which list some content which frequently asked questions on the subject of software development by blind programmers.
    http://empowermentzone.com/NonvisualDevelopmentFAQ.htm#A2
    And in below article, it introduce how to use Visual Studio with a screen reader (JAWS). Hope it can help you.
    http://empowermentzone.com/ndn.htm

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:06 AM