none
added table into replication without snapshot RRS feed

• Question

• I have one replication with one table have issue and caused log reader agent issue -- could not locate 'text information recordes for the column 'EmployueeMemo"-- error 18773, the log-scan process failed -- error 18805 and the process could not execute 'sp_replcmds' error 22037. I take the column out of the table (unckecked the column from replication monitoring. the log reader agent started working again, but the table was stopped replication. I checked the publication database and found is_replicated in table sys.tables changed to 0. all the other tables back on replication, but the trouble table stopped replication data.

Is there any way to add the table back to replication without snapshot? thanks!

Logan

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:18 AM

All replies

• Yes possible

see

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Replication/119650/

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Visakh ,

Thanks for your quick reply. the problem for us is the table in report server can not be drop and recreate.

the table is still in replication (replication monitor), but marked as is_replicated = 0, possible move the table out of replication, then create one new replication without snapshot.

Logan

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:52 AM
  • Sorry didnt get that

Where did it ask you to drop the table?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:09 AM
  • in order to add try using T-sql sp_addarticle and sp_Addsubscription and specify @sync_type ='replication support only". It will not generate snapshot for that given article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-stored-procedures/sp-addsubscription-transact-sql

Still not sure why u need to drop article? can u find it in sysarticles on publisher? Where exactly u see that article in Replication Monitor?

Still if u want to drop try again t-sql. First sp_Dropsubscription (specify the article name that u want to drop) and then sp_droparticle

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:57 PM
  • If you disable immediate sync you can add the article it back with sp_addarticle and sp_refershsubscriptions. You should then be able to generate the snapshot and distribute it. The snapshot generated will only be for this re-added article.
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:05 PM