none
SSRS 2016 Web Portal Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am able to deploy my reports to Web Portal without a problem however I am having 2 issues in Web Portal which I added below, thanks in advance.

1) I can see most of the reports however for some of them I am having "The permission granted to user are insufficient for performing this operation(rsAccessDenied)" error. I don't know why some reports have this issue. I searched online and found many offered fix but I don't know which is right to do?

2) To solve above issue I wanna assign "Browser Role" myself to see if it will work, but this time I am getting "Could not connect to the server. Please check your network setting and try again later." message. Actually I am getting same massage if I try to test my data source connection. Is there any solution to fix it?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Ozkantr,

According to your description, you can deploy reports to Web Portal successfully. However when you want to run some reports on the Web Portal. You got the access denied error. Right?

How did you specify the permissions on the Web Portal? Were the all reports stored in the same folder?

You should know that when we want to grant user the permissions on web portal. There are two parts of roles. Item-level and System-level.

1. Item-level roles are used to view, add, and manage report server content, subscriptions, report processing, and report history. Item-level role assignments are defined on the root node (the Home folder) or on specific folders or items farther down the hierarchy.

2. System-level roles grant access to site-wide operations that are not bound to any specific item. Examples include using Report Builder and using shared schedules.

So, please verify if you have set the both two roles.

Reference: Grant User Access to a Report Server (Report Manager) 

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Xi Jin.

• Marked as answer by Ozkantr Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:37 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:13 AM