none
Warning SSIS.Pipeline cannot access global memory

Question

• Hi,

I'm developing a data migration betwwen two sql servers.

Due to transform data i'm developing SSIS DTSX to do that.

Environment:

We're using sql server 2008 R2 in both source and destination data.

To develop we're using BIDS 2008

we're running XP SP3 machines

The fact is that we began to develop in BIDS 2005.

We transalate the packages to BIDS 2008. Everytihing is perfect.

Sundely, when we add more tasks to the packages, the problems began.

* After saving the packages when close the project and reopen the projects what we've done disappeared.

Yes, the task was empty.

* Recreate the task and run but we have the problem of SSIS.Pipeline.

* Lost the login password of sqlconnection datasources.

We've read the post about permissions.

We're administrators of our machines.

The connection to the database is under "sa" user, so more permissions... impossible.

We execute BIDS as Adminstrator but nothing change.

Any help is appreciated.  What can I do?

Dharth
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:49 AM

All replies

• "We" Multiple Developers? Is it possible that when YOU save and close a package then SOMEONE ELSE opens it, the package cannot decrypt the sa password because Packag Protection Level is EncruptSensitiveWithUserKey. So, switch users and you lose the key for decryption, hence you lose the sa password.

Also, are you sure you are openning the SAME package? I know that the upgrade process from 2005 to SSIS 2008 is a bit flaky. Mine kept detecting that I had un-upgraded packges so it would up-grade them, and then store the originals in a Project folder \Upgraded. THen next time I opened the project, it found the \Upgraded packages, upgraded them, then stored THOSE originals in \Upgraded\Upgraded. THIRD time I opened the project... well, you get the idea.

Just a couple thoughts.

Todd C - MSCTS SQL Server 2005 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:02 PM
  • Thanks Todd,

I'm the only one SSIS devoloper at this project, so first thought was not right but it's fun to know about it in another project we could be involved in that situation.

In other way, every solution i've read is about execution permission over the package.

I'm executing from BIDS 08 as administrator of my machine, and using sa account over database. So, what shall I do to execute this packages with enough permission from BIDS?

thanks in advance

Emilio Plaza

Dharth
    Friday, August 27, 2010 10:15 AM
  • Are you the administrator of your local machine?

Not sure whether the problem is because of this, But once I faced it.

Save the package and Project and close the BIDS. Then open it and see whether your changes persists or not.

Friday, August 27, 2010 10:50 AM
  • If you are executing the package locally in BIDS, and are using the sa account (by the way, NOT recommended!) then you should click the box in the Connection Manager settings for "Allow saving of password". That should make it persist and should be there the next time as long as it is YOU who opens the package.

As far as losing edits, take a look at the three Package Properties way down at the bottom of the Property list: Version Major, Version Minor, and Version Build. You can set all three of them and the first two will remain static. But every time you save the package, BIDS will increment the Version Build by one.

Try this: note the Version Build. Make a change. Save the package. Close it. Re-open it. Examine the Version Build and the edits you made.

If the Build got incremented but the changes did not get saved, then that can only mean one thing: and I don't know what it is!

Todd C - MSCTS SQL Server 2005 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 11:11 AM
  • Hi Mr. Manikandan

I try both ways, I'm login to my machine as a user inside Machine Administrators Users Group and I'm trying to execute BIDS 2008 as Machine Administrator User.

In both ways I got the same answer that is cannot execute package because cannot access global memory.

When I save the package from floppy disk icon, BIDS told me that everything is ok but if I reopen the project everything disappear and the task was empty.

Thanks for your help.

Dharth
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:57 AM
  • Thanks Todd,

I'd used SA account in order to avoid such a problem of permission. If sa cannot do anything, nobody can.

The second question scared me. I did what you told me, but I got the terrible conclusion you said.

1.- Open the package

2.- Edit a Task and insert an OLEDB source control

3.- Save it and Version minor 0, major 1, Build 401

4.- Close package but no solution.

5.- Reopen package

6.- Magic!!!! Everytihing in the task disappear.

7.- What more can I do?

Thanks in advance

Emilio Plaza

SSIS developèr - ALTIA CONSULTORES -- SPAIN

Dharth
    Monday, August 30, 2010 8:02 AM
  • 1.- Open the package

2.- Edit a Task and insert an OLEDB source control

3.- Save it and Version minor 0, major 1, Build 401

4.- Close package but no solution.

5.- Reopen package

6.- Magic!!!! Everytihing in the task disappear.

7.- What more can I do?

So what was the Version Build after you re-opened it? 401 or 402?

What types of changes did you make to the task?

Either you're not doing something rigth, or something is seriously messed up with your Visual Studio installation. Try a 'repair' operation from Add/Remove Programs.

Monday, August 30, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Unfortunatelly version buils was 402 but inside task there isn't anything.

I tried to repair sql 2008 r2 instalation. Nothing happends.

By the way, a Jobmate told me that hardware requirements could help me not reach my task.

I have XPsp3,2GB RAM.

Althought, sql run on 1 GB machine MS recomends 4GB.

Could this be a problem?

thanks in advance

Dharth
    Wednesday, September 01, 2010 6:58 AM
  • I too have XP sp3, 2 GB RAM and run SQL 2008 R2 Deleloper, Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and have no issues. I don't think it's your hardward.

I'm out of idea, sorry.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:35 PM