none
Can we use Contoso Database for our online training purposes?

Question

• I would like to know is there any commercial restrictions in using Contoso Database for our Online training purposes.
    Sunday, November 06, 2016 10:18 AM

All replies

• I would like to know is there any commercial restrictions in using Contoso Database for our Online training purposes.
    • Merged by Olaf HelperMVP Sunday, November 06, 2016 1:52 PM Same question from same OP
    Sunday, November 06, 2016 10:11 AM
  • I believe that falls under the dev category. So I would say no. You will need to check with your local licensing rep though.
    Sunday, November 06, 2016 11:49 AM

How is this C# related?
    Sunday, November 06, 2016 1:09 PM
  • Hello,

This is not a C# question so I'm moving it to a SQL-Server forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, November 06, 2016 1:27 PM
  • It sounds like the database is being used for dev purposes which means no license is required. However - check with your local MS licensing rep.
    Sunday, November 06, 2016 1:39 PM
  • Can i use Contoso database for our Video training of Power Bi, is there any commercial restrictions or legal restrictions from microsoft to use it.

Please help!!

• Merged by Olaf HelperMVP Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:43 PM Same question from same OP
    Tuesday, November 08, 2016 8:06 AM
  • Hello,

The following article enumerate all fictional company names that contain the word Contoso and tells you which ones are no longer owned by Microsoft. I would say you can use you those that don’t belong to Microsoft anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_Microsoft_companies

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:09 PM