none
SQL SERVER 2008 Full Text Index Failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have created full text catalog and started population for a table with 10 records as sample. It has completed population and become idle. But the catalog size and item count in 0.

I have analysed the crawl log it shows,

Error '0x80070005' occurred during full-text index population for table or indexed view '[tablename]' (table or indexed view ID 'indexvalue', database ID 'dbid'), full-text key value 'keyvalue'. Attempt will be made to reindex it.

The Event viewer shows:

The fulltext filter daemon host (FDHost) process has stopped abnormally. This can occur if an incorrectly configured or malfunctioning linguistic component, such as a wordbreaker, stemmer or filter has caused an irrecoverable error during full-text indexing or query processing. The process will be restarted automatically.

Any help thanks in Advance..Its Urgent

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this problem gets resolved once the MS SQL service, Agent service and full text service runs under same account.

The FTIs are finally populated.

Regards,

Rajesh

Friday, May 14, 2010 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi

in order to resolve the problem, I would like to explain the following
    1 0x80070005 = Access is denied. But this could be mostly coming from the filter daemon host process.

1. Please collect the following data :-
    a) All SQL Server Errorlogs
    b) All FDLAUNCHERRORLOG (in sql log folder)
    Check for any errors during startup in the fdlauncherlog. Something like "Failed
    to ....."
    c) Application and System events logs.

2. Check if the SQL Filter Daemon launcher service (MSSQLFDLauncher) is running and
    under what account (the default is local service)

-> If the MSSQLFDLauncher service is running under LOCALSYSTEM account then we
    need to change it.
    a) Change the service account to any other account.
    b) After the service accounts are correctly configured, you must restart the
    FDHOST.exe process
    c) Then run this command , exec sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts'

-> If the MSSQLFDLauncher service is any other account.
    a) Check if named pipes is enabled (else fdhost will not start as it uses named
    pipes)
    b) Make sure account running fdlauncher has permissions to login to the server
    c) Verify all the permissions requried for FDHOST
    BOL link:
    ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v10/MS.SQLSVR.v10.en/s10de_1devconc/html/3ab1d101-7ae0-488f-9b57-
    468e2517b737.htm

3. Get output of following queries [ we are checking for any non-MS wordbreakers,
    ifilters etc ]

a)
    select * from sys.fulltext_document_types
    where manufacturer not like 'Microsoft Corporation%'

b)
    create TABLE #fttemp(componenttype sysname,
    componentname sysname,
    clsid uniqueidentifier,
    fullpath nvarchar(256),
    version nvarchar(30),
    manufacturer sysname)

insert into #fttemp
    execute sp_help_fulltext_system_components 'all'

select * from #fttemp
    where manufacturer not like 'Microsoft Corporation%'

4. Find out what kind of data is stored in testtable2. Do they have any doc/ppt/pdf documents loaded there ?
    -- Ignore this as i restored the DB and found that its simple varchar column and i'm able to get it working.

Regards

Friday, September 18, 2009 6:08 AM
  • Hi,

I have checked all FTI logs it looks fine. Again i have rebuild  the FTI and it has completed the population and was in Idle state but the item count still shows zero.

Moreover i have changed the Service Login and rebooted the server. Still its the same result. The table has only ten rows.

In the crawl log it shows number of documents failed : 10 and Number of documents processed : 10

Please could you suggest any other solution. I am using RTM Version Enterprise Edition of SQL SERVER 2008.

Thanks,
    Rajesh
    Friday, September 18, 2009 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

I have checked all FTI logs it looks fine. Again i have rebuild  the FTI and it has completed the population and was in Idle state but the item count still shows zero.

Moreover i have changed the Service Login and rebooted the server. Still its the same result. The table has only ten rows.

In the crawl log it shows number of documents failed : 10 and Number of documents processed : 10

Please could you suggest any other solution. I am using RTM Version Enterprise Edition of SQL SERVER 2008.

Thanks,
    Rajesh
    Friday, September 18, 2009 4:00 PM
  • Hi

first, please install SQL 2008 Sp1; and in my previous reply to you, there are several tests you haven't done;  the tests I share with you is very important of us to narrow down the problem; Also the information requested is very useful for us to better understand the problem; So, please do the tests and tell me the result; as well, post the required information here.

Regards
    Monday, September 21, 2009 3:27 AM
  • Hi, The server i am running FTI is Development Server. The version number is 10.0.0.1787. I have checked System event logs , FD Launcher log and Sql server log everything is fine. Once again i have rebuild the catalog it shows idle but with item count. The FTI has been assigned to a NVARCHAR column with size 20. Only 5 records are availabe in table. This information has been retrived from crawl log. 2009-09-23 18:51:32.32 spid31s A full-text retry pass of Auto population started for table or indexed view 'FTITEST'. Table or indexed view ID is '9375073'. Database ID is '5'. 2009-09-23 18:51:33.32 spid17s Informational: Full-text retry pass of Auto population completed for table or indexed view '[FTITEST]' (table or indexed view ID '9375073', database ID '5'). Number of retry documents processed: 0. Number of documents failed: 0. 2009-09-23 18:51:34.32 spid17s A full-text retry pass of Auto population started for table or indexed view '[FTITEST]'. Table or indexed view ID is '9375073'. Database ID is '5'. 2009-09-23 18:51:34.32 spid31s Informational: Full-text retry pass of Auto population completed for table or indexed view '[FTITEST]' (table or indexed view ID '9375073', database ID '5'). Number of retry documents processed: 0. Number of documents failed: 0. 2009-09-23 18:51:35.32 spid31s A full-text retry pass of Auto population started for table or indexed view '[FTITEST]'. Table or indexed view ID is '9375073'. Database ID is '5'. 2009-09-23 18:51:36.32 spid14s Informational: Full-text retry pass of Auto population completed for table or indexed view '[FTITEST]' (table or indexed view ID '9375073', database ID '5'). Number of retry documents processed: 0. Number of documents failed: 0. i have run the query select * from sys.fulltext_document_types where there are no NON MS Word Breakers. The FDDaemon service is running under sql server account. This account has sysadmin role. If you need any other info let me know. Thanks, Rajesh
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

this problem gets resolved once the MS SQL service, Agent service and full text service runs under same account.

The FTIs are finally populated.

Regards,

Rajesh

Friday, May 14, 2010 4:59 AM