none
i get 500 - Internal server error from my asp.NET wab site RRS feed

• Question

• i have uploaded some ASP.NET web pages on the server (freeasphost.net) , the default page an the other page work correctly, but today when i take a visite to my web site (the default page) i got error :

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

i searched for some solutions on the internet, i have found that the error is related to the web.config file configuration, this is my web.config file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>

<system.webServer>
            <httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" />
        </system.webServer>

<system.web>
      <customErrors mode="Off"/>
            <compilation debug="true"/>

<pages controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" clientIDMode="AutoID">
          <namespaces>
            <clear/>
            <add namespace="System"/>
            <add namespace="System.Collections"/>
            <add namespace="System.Collections.Generic"/>
            <add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>
            <add namespace="System.Configuration"/>
            <add namespace="System.Text"/>
            <add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>
            <add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>
          </namespaces>
        </pages>
      </system.web>

</configuration>

Sunday, April 28, 2019 9:48 AM

All replies

• If you did not deploy anything to your website and it stopped working talk to your web host.   Questions like this are better on the asp.net website forums
    Sunday, April 28, 2019 12:11 PM
  • i have deployed some pages and related images in 1.5 months ago and the server does not answer me about the problem
    Sunday, April 28, 2019 12:19 PM
  • try redeploying the website and check the settings for the website in the control panel.  I would make sure the control panel the website is using the same version of .net framework as your code
    Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:05 PM
  • the server (freeasphost.net) of my web site does not contains such properties like Showing the .NET framework version , and i am fraid that the error is related to the server not in my side
    Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:56 PM
  • Hi AbdEllah Gogop,

From the description of the thread , It looks like you have some issue with ASP.NET Website.

This forum only handles Internet Explorer development related issues.

So for better response and better solution for your issue, I suggest you to post your question on MSDN ASP.NET forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Regards, 

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 29, 2019 2:21 AM
  • Hi Abdellah,

500 internal error is generic error. You may ask your hosting provider to check it full error message on the server. 

Monday, April 29, 2019 7:53 AM
  • the server does not answer me
    Friday, May 3, 2019 8:51 AM