none
Getting Error in 32bit DTEXEC on 64bit machine

Question

• I'm getting

will not acquire

a connection because the package OfflineMode property is TRUE. When the Offline

Mode is TRUE, connections cannot be acquired."

I'm running the 32bit DTEXEC on a 64bit machine since I'm using the Jet provider.

I see in the forum and other places that this error usually occurs when you try to run in 64bit.

I don't get this error when I've tried it, running the 64bit DTEXEC or when I run from BIDS on a 32bit machine.

Any help appreciated.

David

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:10 PM

Answers

•  

The error is misleading.  Two possible solutions.  1) try reinstalling the client tools.  2) Use package configuration to force System::OfflineMode = False

</DTSConfigurationHeading><Configuration ConfiguredType="Property" Path="\Package.Properties[OfflineMode]" ValueType="Boolean"><ConfiguredValue>0</ConfiguredValue></Configuration></DTSConfiguration>

Friday, February 09, 2007 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi, We are investigating this particular issue.  Its unclear the various conditions/configurations which cause this to happen as in general what your attempting to do does work.  As a work around try populating the package property OffLineMode as true with a configuration.

Thank you for your patience.

Friday, February 09, 2007 5:43 AM
  • Apologies, a compatriot pointed out I mistyped, and it should be false not true.

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:01 AM
  •  

The error is misleading.  Two possible solutions.  1) try reinstalling the client tools.  2) Use package configuration to force System::OfflineMode = False

</DTSConfigurationHeading><Configuration ConfiguredType="Property" Path="\Package.Properties[OfflineMode]" ValueType="Boolean"><ConfiguredValue>0</ConfiguredValue></Configuration></DTSConfiguration>

Friday, February 09, 2007 1:44 PM
  • Solved.

We solved the issue by reinstalling just the client components onto the SSIS server.

This replaces the 32bit DTEXEC and now works.

What gave us a clue is the SSMS couldn't connect to the SSIS Service.

David

Friday, February 09, 2007 2:59 PM
  • I had exactly the same problem after installing Cumulative Update 8 for SQL 2005 SP2 x64.  Running the following command on the server as described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919224 resolved it for me:

%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\dts.dll"

Monday, July 28, 2008 8:30 PM
  • Don,

This last step (the re-registering of the dts.dll) did the trick for us.  We recently upgraded from SQL 2005 enterprise on a clustered 64 bit platform to SQL 2008 enterprise 64 bit on SP1.

Thanks very much!
    Monday, January 25, 2010 4:50 PM

• Just wanted to say they I just noticed this issue one one of my "test" clusters instances

Ran

%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\dts\binn\dts.dll"

the problem went straight away.

Thank you Don
    Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:40 AM
  • Hello,
    I get this error message while trying to delete a SSIS package. Is there anyother way than re-registering the DLL.
    Suman
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:18 AM
  • Registering the dts.dll did the trick.

Thanks

JIM

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:25 PM
  • Thanks Don, 

I encountered exactly the same issue, and this solved my situation ,too. 

Friday, February 01, 2013 1:04 AM
  • Registering the DLL on a 32 bit system did the trick for me! Thanks Don
    Friday, December 13, 2013 12:47 PM