none
Why my Management SQL SERVER 2008 version show a diferent menu to create a new project and solutions than explained in the help button? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!!. I am a beginner, and for first time I want to create a new project and several solutions, but my SQL SERVER 2008 version gives me a menu quite different than explained in the help button. When I select FILE in the tools bar and NEW afterward, I'm waiting for the menu: -PROJECT, QUERY WITH CURRENT CONECTION, DATABASE ENGINE QUERY, ETC., but the system show this menu: CONSULT WITH ACTUAL CONECTION, DATABASE ENGINE CONSULT, SQL SERVER COMPACT CONSULT, ETC. If somebody could help me I will be grateful. Thank you in advance.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Flanalysis,

Based on my research, I didn’t get any result with the similar scenario as yours.  Could you give more details?

What’s the version of SQL Server 2008? What are the SQL Server services you have installed such as database engine? Could you post the screenshot of the tool menu as you mentioned for further troubleshooting?

Regards, Amber zhang
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:51 AM