none
Schedule sending Email with Excel format of the report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can I schedule sending  Email with Excel format of the report in SS Report server?

Thanks for the idea!

Daphne

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Daphne12,

What the version of SQL Server Reporting Service are you using?

Firstly, subscriptions are not available in every edition of SQL Server. For a list of features that are supported by the editions of SQL Server, please choose your SQL Server version and see: Features Supported by the Editions of SQL Server 2016

And generally, if the version of SSRS you are using supports the subscription feature, for a native mode report server, we need to configure a native mode report server for the e-mail delivery extensions by Reporting Services Configuration Manager. For more information on how to configure a native mode report server, please see : E-Mail Settings - Reporting Services Native mode (Configuration Manager)

Then, in your case, please use the E-Mail Delivery Options, for example in SSRS 2016: Manage->subscriptions->New subscription->Render format

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Daphne12 Friday, November 25, 2016 7:39 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:35 AM

All replies

• @Daphne12, you have to have some type of email delivery system already setup and then you use SSRS Subscriptions to schedule SSRS reports delivery.  There is some level of Security setup and then users with access to SSRS Reports can self-subscribe to delivery of those reports on the schedule and format they want to receive them in via the Subscriptions dialogs

SOTATS, Inc.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:38 PM
  • Thanks so much!

I have set the user has access the reports with folder level (Browser, My Reports) roles.

I need help with the schedule to Email the Excel format of the Report.

I see the Snapshot Options schedules. but it doesn't do anything with report run?

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:52 PM
  • @Daphine12, I can help you with this ... first what version of SSRS / SQL Server are you using?  From SSRS go to Help > About

For example, I am running "Version 13.0.4001.0 "

You don't setup Subscriptions from within the report itself.  Prior to running the report, in "Tiles" view, for example, you will see 3 dots ... that provide an option window that has "Subscribe" as an option ... use this to set up a Subscription for the report.

Subscribe Option

Once you are in this "Subscribe" dialog and go through the process you will see a section for "Delivery Options" under this section you will find the "Render Format" option ... here is where you select "Excel" for the type of report you want to email.

SOTATS, Inc.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:15 AM
  • Hi Daphne12,

What the version of SQL Server Reporting Service are you using?

Firstly, subscriptions are not available in every edition of SQL Server. For a list of features that are supported by the editions of SQL Server, please choose your SQL Server version and see: Features Supported by the Editions of SQL Server 2016

And generally, if the version of SSRS you are using supports the subscription feature, for a native mode report server, we need to configure a native mode report server for the e-mail delivery extensions by Reporting Services Configuration Manager. For more information on how to configure a native mode report server, please see : E-Mail Settings - Reporting Services Native mode (Configuration Manager)

Then, in your case, please use the E-Mail Delivery Options, for example in SSRS 2016: Manage->subscriptions->New subscription->Render format

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Daphne12 Friday, November 25, 2016 7:39 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:35 AM