none
How to deploy SSIS package using SSDT 2017? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just completed a SSIS package (my first package). Now I am looking to deploy the package on the production server. So I am looking to convert the package to deployment package and have a configuration file with all the connections managers, parameters and mapped variables with it.

I was looking to do it through an approach but was unable to map all of my variables as, One of my variables is a object and it says can not map an object variable.

Thanks,

Minhal

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Minhal,

There is no need in any configuration files starting from SSIS 2012 onwards.

SSIS supports project and package level parameters.

SSIS supports Project Deployment mode to SSIS Catalog in the run-time environment on a server.

SSIS Catalog has Environments to support collections of parameters.

Check it out all of it here: SSIS Tutorials
    Friday, October 4, 2019 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Minhal,

SSIS supports Project Deployment mode to SSIS Catalog in the run-time environment on a server.

• Hi Minhal,

Object variables cannot be used as an environment variable.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Hi,

I have just completed a SSIS package (my first package). Now I am looking to deploy the package on the production server. So I am looking to convert the package to deployment package and have a configuration file with all the connections managers, parameters and mapped variables with it.

Check this out to deploy package. You don't have to convert it to Package deployment. 

Deploying Packages to SQL Server Integration Services Catalog (SSISDB)

Regards,
    Vaibhav

Saturday, October 5, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Hi Minhal,

May I know where do you use the object variable?

Please see the following links and picture:

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 7, 2019 3:27 AM
  • Hi Minhal,

May I know where do you use the object variable?

Please see the following links and picture:

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Hi Mona,

I am using the object variable in the same way as described in the following link:

https://www.timmitchell.net/post/2013/05/28/using-the-ssis-object-variable-as-a-result-set-enumerator/

I am using the object variable to get the list of all distinct values and the on basis of those values I am exporting all the files on my foreach loop. 

Thanks,

Minhal

Monday, October 7, 2019 8:09 PM
  • Hi Minhal,

Object variables cannot be used as an environment variable.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Hi Arthur,

So how exactly can I deploy my package on the production server as I am using object variable to get a list of distinct values and based on the values I am exporting my excel files. So I have to use that object variable.

Thanks,

Minhal

Monday, October 7, 2019 8:16 PM
  • Hi Minhal,

Hi,

I followed the link you provided and it seem's that I have to create the ssis catalog first inorder to deploy the package? I need to send this package over to the server guys so exactly which files would I need to send to them over I have created the ssis catalog and linked it with my package?

Thanks,

Minhal

Monday, October 7, 2019 8:31 PM
  • Yes SSIS catalog is required.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Monday, October 7, 2019 8:38 PM
  • Yes SSIS catalog is required.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

By using the SSIS catalog, Can I use the object variables as well in my packages while deploying it on the server?

Thanks,

Minhal

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:59 PM
  • Hi Minhal,

Yes, you can use the object variables in your packages after your deploying the packages to the server.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:43 AM