none
Calculated Measure that with no aggregation or dimension slicing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a cube with two dimensions, case and time and a single meaure

the requirement that I have is to provide time and case on Columns with Measures on Rows in the Form or a bar chart. My client would also like to compare the value of of each member of case with the average of all members case.

Is there a way to create a calculated member that will not aggregate or be sliced by the case dimension, so that the value of the average will always be the same for each member of the case dimension.

I am sure there is a simple way to do this, but I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Rich 

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:27 AM

Answers

• Actually it is better to use the Root() function instead of a reference to the all member.

eg. (Root([Case]), Measure)

If your dimension is simple then it may not make a difference, but specially if you have attribute relationship more than one level deep then the all member from one hierarchy can be filtered by a member in a related hierarchy in the same dimension.

http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell - please mark correct answers
    • Marked as answer by richmintz Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:42 AM

All replies

• you can use the All member of the case dimension so that a calculated member is not affected by the case slicer on the axis

Example : SUM( Case.Case.[All], measure) versus SUM(Case.Case.currentmember, measure)

vinu
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:54 AM
  • Actually it is better to use the Root() function instead of a reference to the all member.

eg. (Root([Case]), Measure)

If your dimension is simple then it may not make a difference, but specially if you have attribute relationship more than one level deep then the all member from one hierarchy can be filtered by a member in a related hierarchy in the same dimension.

http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell - please mark correct answers
    • Marked as answer by richmintz Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:42 AM