none
SSRS: How to render PDF version 1.7 (instead of 1.3 out-of-the-box) RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to render pdf reports version 1.7. SSRS uses PDF 1.3 out of the box.
    I have read some articles about 3rd party plug-ins (cfr; Aspose), but just wanted to check if anyone have got experience.

Than kyou.

Kind regards,

Bart

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Bart,

I've investigated the 3rd party plug-ins you mentioned above, and I've found no clue whether it could render report into PDF 1.7 version. From the latest information(which is from Aug.2017) I can find, they also support only PDF 1.3.Check here:PDF version conversion

So if you really interest in these products you could ask them in their forum, if their products support PDF 1.7 exportation.For the installation of the 3rd extension, they also have their user guide on their website. For MSDN forum policy I can't provide the link here. But you could find them easily by google.

Anyway, I would suggest that still use SSRS pdf render, and add using a PDF version converter(which is a 3rd party tool but you could find official apps or other free apps) or embedding PDF convert API in the custom Report viewer.

Hope this help a bit.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:27 AM