none
"Totals calculation issue" when I filter member used in an scope calculation with descendant aggregation

Question

• Hello everybody

I have a Geography dimension (Country -> State -> City) and 2 related Fact Tables: "Revenues" (with measure Revenue) and "Revenue Goal" (with measure Revenue Goal)  and  created a dummy measure into the Revenue Fact table (in the dsv) to calculate the Revenue not planed (by city) using Scope.

The calculated measure "NotPlannedRevenue" is defined using a Dummy measure on the Revenue FacTable with null like default value, later using Scope I have calculated the values in order to get correctly Totals Values over the a Geography hierarchy which is working properly. The MDX script for the measure is 

SCOPE([Measures].[NotPlannedRevenue]); 
        SCOPE ([Geography].[GeoHier].[City].Members); 
            THIS=iif([Measures].[Revenue Goal]=0 , [Measures].[Revenue] ,0 ); 
        END SCOPE; 

SCOPE( [Geography].City.[All]);         
            This =sum( Descendants([Geography].[GeoHier].CurrentMember,,LEAVES),[Measures].[NotPlannedRevenue]); 
        END SCOPE; 

SCOPE( [Geography].State.[All]); 
             This =sum( Descendants([Geography].[GeoHier].CurrentMember,,LEAVES),[Measures].[NotPlannedRevenue]);         
        END SCOPE; 
    END SCOPE; 

When I check the data,  I get "Totals" well calculated.

The issue is when I filter Cities from the Geography dimension, the total values are not being calculated using only the selected cities. I have problems in the totals by City, State, Country.

The total for the State "Karnatak" must by "0" and the grand total must be "10".

Please someone could help me to solve the way which I must write this MDX or maybe I have to use another strategy.

Thanks in advanced.

Gelder de la Ossa

• Edited by dimitrigel Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:08 PM

Answers

All replies