none
Set rectangle in bottom of page not in footer part of page RRS feed

• Question

• I designed a report, which will take around 1 to many pages and I have a report footer, which will print Page number. I add rectangle contents after the tablix, I get this rectangle content printed just after the details section is printed, most of the time not in bottom.if i add it in footer and set visibility according to last page then all other page get default height of that footer, so i can't set it in footer.

so i want to add rectangle after the tablix in body but want to show near of footer

Is there any way to make it at the bottom ?

Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Wecode4U,

Based on your description, do you want to show rectangle just at the bottom of the last page? If so, it is not supported in current release of Reporting Services. The location of the rectangle only contains two properties, one is Left property, the other is Top property. So, when the report length is dynamic, we can’t keep the rectangle always at the bottom of the page.

As you mentioned , if we add the rectangle to page footer and set content visibility to make it visible on the last page, then the white space with the same height as the page footer will be reserved on all the other. This is by design. To control the content visibility, we can set the rectangle visibility based on the following expression:

=IIF(Globals!PageNumber=Globals!OverallTotalPages,false,true)

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:25 PM

All replies

• Would you please post an image of your Design view in SSRS?  I want to see where your details section is in relation to the rectangle.  I assume this is tablix details group. 

When you say "most of the time not in bottom", do you mean that the rectangle is not in the bottom most of the time?  Why can't you use the rectangle in the footer?  Is it due to height problems? 

FYI, the PageNumber field can only be used in the page header or footer and not in the body.

Ryan D

Friday, August 9, 2013 1:42 AM
  • Hi Wecode4U,

Based on your description, do you want to show rectangle just at the bottom of the last page? If so, it is not supported in current release of Reporting Services. The location of the rectangle only contains two properties, one is Left property, the other is Top property. So, when the report length is dynamic, we can’t keep the rectangle always at the bottom of the page.

As you mentioned , if we add the rectangle to page footer and set content visibility to make it visible on the last page, then the white space with the same height as the page footer will be reserved on all the other. This is by design. To control the content visibility, we can set the rectangle visibility based on the following expression:

=IIF(Globals!PageNumber=Globals!OverallTotalPages,false,true)

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:25 PM