none
Visual Studio 2017 SSIS - ODataSource Connected but Unable to load collection RRS feed

• Question

• I created a ODataSource1 connection. The test connection succeeded.

I created OData Source, selectd the ODataSource1, select Collection and got an message in the Collection box "Unable to load collection for the connection ODataSource1, reason: Cannot open this connection". Why connection succeeded but can't open the connection?  Thanks.

Monday, October 7, 2019 3:43 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. Instead of installing SharePoint Online Client Component SDK, I have to install SharePoint Server 2013 Client Component SDK. I don't understand why 2013 while I am using 2017, but it works.
    • Marked as answer by danyeungw Monday, October 7, 2019 10:44 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 10:27 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

This is because there is a difference between being able to connect in test mode and retrieve the actual data.

In simple terms, the connection is valid, but cannot acquire a result that can be used to hydrate the local variable.

This can be for example as simple as names being not in the supported form for the driver.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Monday, October 7, 2019 5:14 PM
  • Hello Arthur,

Thanks for the respond. What should I do to download the list?  What did I miss?

• Edited by danyeungw Monday, October 7, 2019 5:44 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 5:37 PM
  • You need to debug.

Try consuming it via Excel for example, see what happens.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Monday, October 7, 2019 7:28 PM
  • Cannot consume anything because "Unable to load Collection". The first step needs to be resolved is the connection. Thanks.
    Monday, October 7, 2019 7:46 PM
  • You may not be able to resolve without knowing what prevents you from consuming this feed.

Especially if the OData feed is in hands of those you can't ask.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Monday, October 7, 2019 7:53 PM
  • I figured it out. Instead of installing SharePoint Online Client Component SDK, I have to install SharePoint Server 2013 Client Component SDK. I don't understand why 2013 while I am using 2017, but it works.
    • Marked as answer by danyeungw Monday, October 7, 2019 10:44 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 10:27 PM