none
URL location of the WSDL File for Web Services File Task

Question

• I am finding that in order to have the Web Services Task work successfully the location of the WSDL file has to be on a local drive that SSIS is executing upon.  Is the current intended behavior?

In my SSIS task I use a URL path to store information extracted from the Web Service.  The information is stored on a different server than the one that SSIS is running upon.  This works properly without error.

I have confirmed that SSIS has appropriate permissions to read/write to that directory on that server.  When I attempt to reference the WSDL file (located in the same URL directory that I am saving the information) I get a web services error, 'The Web Services Name is empty, Verify that a valid web service name is available."

When I update the Web Service Task attribute to point to the WSDL file located on a local drive it works correctly.  I have confirmed that both WSDL documents are exactly the same.

The behavior seems a little strange...so I must be missing something subtle.

...cordell...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:29 PM

All replies