none
Deployment.exe error with tabular model at compatibility level 1400 with Modern Get Data experience (SQL Server 2017) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I get the error "No parameterless constructor defined for this object." when I try to deploy from input files or edit the input files in Deployment Wizard.

Is there anybody with the same problem or where it works?

Steps:

1. Run Build in VSDT and copy the database file "bin\model.asdatabase" to a separate folder
      (alternatively copy "bin\*.*" or "obj\Development\model.*" or "model.bim")
    2. Create deployment files in Answer Mode:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment.exe" c:\test\model.asdatabase /a
    3. Run the created files in Silent Mode:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment.exe" c:\test\model.asdatabase /s
    4. I get the error message
    5. I get the same error message if I repeat Answer Mode (step 2).
    6. After deleting model.configsettings the Answer Mode works again

The only things that work are direct deployment and creating the json deployment script. Upgraded models (with legacy data source) work as well.

Any ideas?

I found SSAS Deployment Wizard unable to deploy without any response from MS.

I need to be able to have separate files for data source, target server and model scheme, because the development must be completely separate from deployment and deployment must be automated.

An update to the latest SSMS version 17.9.1 didn't help.

• Edited by Cisab Friday, May 24, 2019 3:18 PM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 3:14 PM

Answers

• It works with SSMS v18.1, thanks!

Be aware that the path for Deployment Wizard changed to:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18\Common7\IDE\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment.exe

• Marked as answer by Cisab Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:07 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Cisab,

Thanks for your question.

Per your description, you need to upgrade your SQL Server Analysis to 2017, not SSMS. Besides, could you please show us some screenshots about your operation? Only abstract description couldn't exactly lead us how to solve your issue.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 27, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi Will

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I already use SSAS 2017 (version 14.0.3.441).

Manual deployment from Visual Studio works fine.

What kind of screenshots do you need?

The simplest test from scratch is:

1. Start Visual Studio SSDT
    2. Create a new Analysis Services Tabular Project at compatibility level 1400
    3. In menu "Model", "Add Data Source"
    4. Answer the dialogs. (Doesn't matter what data and which impersonation mode)
    5. Build Solution (Ctrl+Shift+B)
    6. Run CMD.EXE
    7. Enter Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment.exe /a
    8. Click Next
    9. Choose the database file created in step 4 (e.g. C:\Users\MyUser\source\repos\TabularProject1\TabularProject1\bin\Model.asdatabase)
    10. Click on "Open", then "Next".
    11. Click "Next" several times and finally click "Finish".
    12. Repeat steps 7 to 10.
    13. I get "Error loading C:\Users\MyUser\source\repos\TabularProject1\TabularProject1\bin\Model.asdatabase: No parameterless constructor defined for this object."

Regards

Cisab

• Edited by Cisab Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:04 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Yes, that's the issue.

When I install ssms 18.0 (GA), it also reports other kind issue. Well, you could upgrade ssms to SSMS 18.0, then submit that issue via https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server

Reference

Download SSMS 18.0 (GA)

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:35 AM
  • It works with SSMS v18.1, thanks!

Be aware that the path for Deployment Wizard changed to:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18\Common7\IDE\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment.exe

• Marked as answer by Cisab Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:07 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:06 PM