none
Users issues with custom authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I've followed this "guide" to get custom authentication on my SSRS server.

https://github.com/Microsoft/Reporting-Services/tree/master/CustomSecuritySample

When I try to get access to SSRS, logon page's is correctly displayed. I can add user into my database and I can logon my new user to SSRS.

However, on SSRS, my user has no permissions. I don't understand how it works. 

Can you tell me how you can set up users into SSRS?

https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/sql/reporting-services/security/grant-user-access-to-a-report-server?view=sql-server-2017

Here, we can read: If you are using forms authentication or custom security, specify the user or group account in the format that is correct for your deployment.

If you've any documentation or any advise about this, please let me know.

Thanks

Friday, November 23, 2018 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi SebEIC

According to your description , seems you do not have the permission to add role for user under the ssrs custom authentication ,right?

If so, seems you could check in the following aspects :

1 In the default ssrs security authentication , the user who can grant other user as system user or system administrator must have the system user permission and the content manager permission for the home folder .

See more details at : Custom Form Authentication in SSRS 2012

2 you could grant your current user a User the System Administrator and System User roles by using a web services called  SetSystemPolicies in your custom code.

See more details at:

SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Custom Authentication - Add User to System Administrator Role.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, November 26, 2018 1:58 AM