none
SSRS 2014 + IE 11 Error with ComboBox in Report form (SQL 2014 SP2 12.0.5000.0) RRS feed

• Question

• SQL 2014 SP2 12.0.5000.0
    Browser IE 11
    SSRS -> Report Manger -> Report

When i click multi list combo box in parameters section then error
    in http://.../Reports/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=Resource&Version=12.0.5000.0&Name=ViewerScript

Part of code
    _isRTL:function(n){return n||(n=this._gripImageHolder),n instanceof Document&&(n=n.documentElement),_$RVCommon.getComputedStyle(n,"direction")!="ltr"}

Error here: n instanceof Document
    Error: Document undefined

compatibility in html -> head ->
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="X-UA-Compatible" CONTENT="IE=5">

If I use emulation in debugger as IE=Edge then no error, but there is another bug: after buildin report vertical scrooll bar scrolls entire page with parameters section and horisontal scrollbar is not visible until scroll down to the end of page

On another server with sql 12.0.4427.24 (SP1) there were no errors

Any ideas?
    How To correct this bug?
    I looked patches for sp2 but did not see fixes on this error
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Answers

• Bug Resolved!

I install patch SQL Server 2014 SP2 CU2 12.0.5522.0
    "They" made changes in Java Script Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
    And changes was also in that part of code:
    _isRTL:function(n){return n||(n=this._gripImageHolder),n.documentElement&&(n=n.documentElement),_$RVCommon.getComputedStyle(n,"direction")!="ltr"}

As you can see, they changed
    n instanceof Document&&(n=n.documentElement)
    with
    n.documentElement&&(n=n.documentElement)

and now there is no bug

• Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:55 AM
    • Edited by Dmitriy1970 Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dmitriy1970 Friday, December 2, 2016 8:25 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Dmitriy1970,

According to your description, did you try to use the other browsers such as Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to check if the issue persist?

Based on my research, the issue is may be caused by SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11. There are two ways to resolve to resolve this problem.

1.Fix at client browser level. Open the IE11 browser->press F12->click “Emulation” tab-> Change the “Document mode” to “Edge”.

2.Fix at report server level. As you mentioned, we can change the meta tag to <content="IE=Edge">.

Reference: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11

And you can also refer to this similar issue to trouble shooting or submit the request to Microsoft.

Thanks,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Pirlo Zhang Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:34 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Bug Resolved!

I install patch SQL Server 2014 SP2 CU2 12.0.5522.0
    "They" made changes in Java Script Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
    And changes was also in that part of code:
    _isRTL:function(n){return n||(n=this._gripImageHolder),n.documentElement&&(n=n.documentElement),_$RVCommon.getComputedStyle(n,"direction")!="ltr"}

As you can see, they changed
    n instanceof Document&&(n=n.documentElement)
    with
    n.documentElement&&(n=n.documentElement)

and now there is no bug

• Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:55 AM
    • Edited by Dmitriy1970 Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dmitriy1970 Friday, December 2, 2016 8:25 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Hi Dmitriy1970,

If your issue is solved please mark the appropriate answer as Mark as answer. This will help other members to find a solution if they face the same issue.

Thanks,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:56 AM