none
The given key was not present in the dictionary-Error while deploying Report Server Project on VS2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a created a very basic Report Server Project on Visual Studio 2017. 

Build is successful. However, while deploying to the server I get the error - The given key was not present in the dictionary.

All the settings are correct.

The same report is deployed successfully from VS2013 to same server. 

We are upgrading to VS2017. Need to find a solution.

I tried deleting the file C:\Users...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_012984c6\ServerExplorer\DefaultView.SEView

- but that did not resolve the issue.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:52 PM

All replies

• I have a created a very basic Report Server Project on Visual Studio 2017.

Build is successful. However, while deploying to the server I get the error - The given key was not present in the dictionary.

All the settings are correct.

The same report is deployed successfully from VS2013 to same server. 

We are upgrading to VS2017. Need to find a solution.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:43 PM
  • Hi parrs,

please go to the path:

C:\Users...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_012984c6\ServerExplorer\DefaultView.SEView and remove the connection with the wrong Provider manually. If you do not know which of the provider is failing, simply delete the file

Reference link(answered by BastanteCaro):

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4737170/visual-studio-adding-data-connections-given-key-not-present-in-the-dictionary

and the support engineers at SSDT forum might provide you with more professional answer if you post the issue there.

Bes regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:49 AM