none
Content-Length: 0 - Post empty on server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We're currently facing a very strange problem which we really need an answer for.

This must be a silly issue as I'm unable to find someone who's getting the same problem :)

We've got a .Net Core 2.2 MVC application. When submitting a form to the server as below nothing is sent to the server which then causes the Model to be invalid and then reload a blank screen. This is only occurring on Internet Explorer (IE 11). On Chrome we've got no problem form submits with no problem.

If anyone can please suggest thinks which I can check because currently out of ideas.

POST https://localhost:5001/Group/Save HTTP/1.1
    Accept: text/html, application/xhtml+xml, image/jxr, */*
    Referer: https://localhost:5001/Group/Edit/1
    Accept-Language: en-US
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
    Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    Host: localhost:5001
    Content-Length: 0
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Cookie: .AspNetCore.Antiforgery.VGDFSNjsgUg=CfDJ8OcN49sBtGBJtpOLI50a4CJvS-4zgDp9SiP7nXm0fLRXcjb4MdJKNBJUTG4MDMYY9HHteri0ZJNZnM5ABUhVURDil--Q2-LriYW0bxKEPZZow_7DjTTkERbW_2u2QKhiDH9MauSTp8QDdUy8WVs86b0; .AspNet.Consent=yes; .AspNetCore.Identity.Application=CfDJ8OcN49sBtGBJtpOLI50a4CK8SUolcO3fB8GNYmEmWIGO8N39zPripG31XIkjoiRl3Py3_u2BjgF3GLv-PV3EWkjtS2hRy3G8cGYuvxrz77nG6j_Ub3nALzGMXV7iI_T8JiFNujDftSVloa-aLWfmbKEJCIQfLZzYCSziJG9IYqn5sWPbGuoclfiep-6_sh7de9tJvg3Lph4K-c6ZNaXTVrqa0tK86KR8ty7w8JLHTxqK4Y3dPhNZCTh7HZXLggRY34TPHrugXJBzYQImLEOvISzhPvmwZXNYh8M_Xnc-1a_NXKu7hl-fUfN7O1BGDJhDs597H8YEJQY_q1Rb1LjZeaAeff5_KFCj9r_ECxUHWvm2fHDcWf9MvZJ9OCZkZE-CrdvzS52hpGJNnXzVY8WZ7XwjrspJBRM3abQldDP7V7PvvSPljEh9xMNpoWOqqbD_Am6DvfiZHcyaktFDQKWoZlknYiyYme-N4Awy9ldIX4mP25OKditBo3voy1amT9GmprI8mJ_sA4WIIh-l9KBmEE0ng_5z0pwNDhLSP39WSG-XGRR2IFZBhUC74ujeZAEysaLFyN1eriYEFHDIcLnv7eNGf3bKmAs32YyR-AGP0tkJMexLlwdGG789P9Z3iWDccNaTYJ-DFLbQes9GljBBBl9naPIBgizU8M9_esDMUa_Y3mEYeaJ04f1JuCPscDIkgCKFGkh5trKh6B-s3DB5veFpVZdWocY9zrxzhE1o_H2jm4qJnpXyrurwDCpUigUY2Ya6xlsDzkU0AgtuqGZidWI

Johan

Friday, May 3, 2019 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

I found the problem. When I submitted the form my javascript disabled the form control which then caused IE to submit an empty body.

Kind regards,

Johan

Monday, May 20, 2019 1:18 PM

All replies

• This is the same request in Chrome vs IE

Friday, May 3, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Hi Johan J v Rensburg,

Can you please check whether you are getting any error or warning message in the console or not?

If possible than please inform your OS build. Also try to inform which Windows update is currently installed on your machine?

Try to access the same site from any other machine using IE to check whether issue can be producible on any machine or not.

If possible than try to provide your sample code and detailed steps to produce the issue.

We will try to make a test with IE to check the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 3, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Hi Deepak

I'm got a sample project where can I send it as it has some private information in it?

Kind regards,

Johan

Friday, May 3, 2019 1:24 PM
  • Hi Johan J v Rensburg,

We do not require any private or confidential information.

You can replace your private information with dummy values.

Than you can try to upload your project on any free resource sharing website and post the link here.

We will try to access that sample project to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 6, 2019 9:31 AM
  • Hi Deepak

Please see sample

github.com / johanjvr / IESample.git

Saturday, May 11, 2019 10:30 PM
  • Hi Johan J v Rensburg,

I try to refer your link but it shows me 404 page not found error.

Can you please check the link and if it is broken than try to correct it.

We will again try to check your sample to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Monday, May 13, 2019 11:09 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Just remove the spaces. 

Kind regards,

Johan

Monday, May 13, 2019 12:22 PM
  • Hi Deepak,

Can you please confirm if you managed to get the source of the project?

Kind regards,

Johan J v Rensburg

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:02 AM
  • Hi Johan J v Rensburg,

I am able to access the project from the link.

Due to some security reason project is not loading in my Visual Studio.

I will try to involve any .Net Core engineer to make a test with your project.

I will try to inform you about the result once we complete the test.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:00 PM
  • Hi Deepak,

I found the problem. When I submitted the form my javascript disabled the form control which then caused IE to submit an empty body.

Kind regards,

Johan

Monday, May 20, 2019 1:18 PM