none
No Line Graph in Mobile Report Publisher? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm looking at the evaluation version of SQL 2016 reporting service and I can't see the option to create a line graph in the Mobile Report Publisher.  Am I missing something?  Also, it seems there are very few options to change/customize the reports (such as adding a trend line (of any kind) etc.

Are the Mobile Reports fairly static in regards to customization options or am I supposed to use a different tool to edit them?

Thanks

• Edited by Phill D Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:17 PM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Phill D,

Sorry your delayed reply.

Recently, I have made a lot of test on mobile reports. So I find out that we can create line charts by using Time chart instead of Time Navigator. And there's a property called Adjust Y range to values, we can change it to on to display the Y axis.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

• Marked as answer by Phill D Friday, July 22, 2016 12:07 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2016 6:54 AM

All replies

• I've seen line graphs in various screenshots of the dashboard and the mobile reports, however, I can't find any information or tutorials on how to add one.  I the reports below may have been imported from Power BI and you can't add one from the Mobile Report Tool.  

• Edited by Phill D Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:21 PM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:50 PM
  • Hi Phill,

According to your description, you want to know how to add a line graph in mobile reports. Right?

To add a line graph, we can add a Time Navigator first and then change its Visualization Type to line.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Xi Jin.

Friday, July 8, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Thank you for responding. I didn't think about using a navigator but, that does makes sense. Do you know how I would display the Y axis scale? I've tried all of the configuration options for the graph but nothing seems to add it.  There must be some way to show it because its shown in several demo screenshots like so

Friday, July 8, 2016 4:39 PM
  • Hi Phill D,

Sorry your delayed reply.

Recently, I have made a lot of test on mobile reports. So I find out that we can create line charts by using Time chart instead of Time Navigator. And there's a property called Adjust Y range to values, we can change it to on to display the Y axis.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

• Marked as answer by Phill D Friday, July 22, 2016 12:07 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2016 6:54 AM
  • I found that option the same day I posted about the time navigator but forgot to post the answer. Thanks
    Friday, July 22, 2016 12:08 PM