none
BIDS - ODBC - Connection Manager - ADO Net Source - Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager RRS feed

• Question

• L.S.,

I have created several ODBC connections (based on Lotus Notes Driver).

When I use Excel to extract the data from one of the ODBC connections i can get the data without any problem.

In BIDS I have added a ODBC connection manager type based on one of the created ODBC connections.  When I test the connection the message 'Test connection succeeded' becomes visible.

In BIDS I place 'ADO NET Source' to the 'Data Flow' field. In ADO.NET Source Editor I select the created ADO.NET connection manager. When I select the dropdown list option of the field 'Name of the table or the view:' the following error becomes visible:

Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager ' name data connection'. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (Microsoft.DataWarehouse).

Can someone help me with this problem?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:05 PM

Answers

• Did you tried to put the select statement into the SQL property of the Source?
    • Marked as answer by menboer Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:59 PM