70-461 querying sql 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have written 70-461 querying sql 2012 page where we provide links to mainly Microsoft site for people to prepare for specific areas of 70-461.

However we are missing some links and the ones we want to fill in now are:

Design views.
    • This objective may include but is not limited to:
    ensure code non regression by keeping consistent signature for procedure, views, and function (interfaces)

security implications

Do you know of any Microsoft pages that would explain these points?

Regards

Emil

Friday, June 22, 2012 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Katie and Emil,

>> 70-461 querying sql 2012

Regarding to your description and my research, seems you want to get some information about 70-461 from Microsoft.

You can get more information from Microsoft Learning Training and Certification - SQL Server 2012
    According to 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012, you can link to Microsoft-Learning site for materials and classroom training from here

Regards,
    Amber zhang
    TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

• Edited by amber zhang Monday, June 25, 2012 7:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by amber zhang Monday, July 9, 2012 3:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by amber zhang Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:30 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 7:44 AM
  •     

Hi, 

You should also take a look to the next links:

http://businessintelligencedev.blogspot.ro/2012/06/task-3-sql-certifications.html

http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/free-70461-practice-test.aspx

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-training-videos/series/mcrsft_sql_70-461 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nikosan/archive/2012/03/16/microsoft-learning-training-and-certification-sql-server-2012.aspx

and also to the first chapter of this book: Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2008: T-SQL Programming by Itzig Ben-Gan.    

Regards,

Monica

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:44 AM
  • Hi 

I think I was slightly misunderstood. I actually passed this exam (and 3 other 2012 exams which are part of MCSE BI).

We would like to create a page that other people can use to cover specific areas that are part of "skills measures". I found it useful for my study but there are not many good references, books are great and I have pile of them myself but we want to have something easier to follow.

We will actually write tutorial to cover all of these areas (long term) however we want to support it with Microsoft links and I struggle to find Microsoft links for these items:

Design views.
    • This objective may include but is not limited to:
    ensure code non regression by keeping consistent signature for procedure, views, and function (interfaces)

security implications

I did a quick search but cannot find it. If there are not there than I presume we won't provide Microsoft links for this.

Thanks

Emil

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:08 PM
  • Hi Emil,

Is there any link available at the moment so i can take a look at what you guys are preparing. I'm scheduling the first test for july 9 so i wanted all the help i can get.

thanks

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:57 PM
  • Hi 

The first link is what we have so far. We probably need another few weeks to make it more useful. 

I just noticed it is 9th of July

How did it go?

Regards

Emil

Monday, July 9, 2012 2:45 PM
  • Hi Katie and Emil,

Please try to link to Microsoft 'Trainings and Certifications' Forums for better help and support from here .

For exam 70-461 please refer to the Course 100774A in Microsoft e-learning.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Regards,
    Amber zhang

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

• Edited by amber zhang Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:11 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Hi Emil,

Did it get resolved?  Ensure code non regression?

Kalman Toth Database & OLAP Architect sqlusa.com
    New Book / Kindle: Exam 70-461 Bootcamp: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi Katie and Emil,

Thanks for your page for 70-461 MSDN links. It is really helpful. I passed this exam by refering links mentioned on your page.

unfortunatly there are no links available for view design / security on MSDN for SQL 2012 :(

• Edited by Harish83 Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:45 PM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:21 AM
  • Hi Katie & Emil,

I also could not find information about this while preparing for the exam, but finally passed.

I think the statement "code non regression by keeping consistent signature for procedure, views, and function" refers to the best practices that we should use while creating Views/SP/Functions so that other objects should not be affected. Like "SELECT * FROM TABLE" statement in a view would cause problems if the Table schema is updated, and stuff similar to this, like SCHEMA-BINDING, ENCRYPTION, etc. But still I would like to hear from other guys what this exactly talks about.

B.T.W here is the blog post I also created to prep for this 70-461 exam.

~manoj | email: http://scr.im/m22g
    http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com
    MCCA 2011 | My FB Page

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:06 PM
  • >"SELECT * FROM TABLE" statement in a view would cause problems

I think that's fit the "code non regression" term. How about CURRENT_TIMESTAMP instead of getdate()? COALESCE instead of isnull? 

I took the exam on Friday June 7, 2013 and passed with 906.

Kalman Toth Database & OLAP Architect sqlusa.com
    New Book / Kindle: Exam 70-461 Bootcamp: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:35 PM