none
DTS package message error 'Type mismatch' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a DTS package called from a SQL job. It is working properly in one server but when I try to run it in a different server it gives me the following error:

DTSRun: Loading...

DTSRun: Executing...

DTSRun: OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1

DTSRun: OnError: DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1, Error = -2147352571 (80020005)

Error String: Type mismatch.

Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package

Help file: sqldts80.hlp

Help Context: 1100

Error Detail Records:

Error:  -2147352571 (80020005); Provider Error: 0(0)

Error String: Type mismatch.

DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1

Error:  -2147352571 (80020005); Provider Error: 0(0)

Error String: Package failed because Step 'DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1' failed.

The DTSStep_DTSDynamicPropertiesTask_1 step picks up the SERVER, USERNAME, PASSWORD and DATABASE from an ini file.

All the other DTS packages pick up the parameters from that file too and they are running properly.

Why is that happening?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:42 AM

Answers

• A type mismatch is usually a data type problem. The server tries to convert something to an int or char implicitly and it's not matching. I'd check what values you are assigning in the task and the in ifile.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:04 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• A type mismatch is usually a data type problem. The server tries to convert something to an int or char implicitly and it's not matching. I'd check what values you are assigning in the task and the in ifile.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:04 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for your reply,

I have several DTS packages and all of the are set up exactly in the same way that this one is. The difference is that the rest of the DTS packages are working properly but not that one.

Any other idea?

Thank you.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:52 PM
  • Additional information:

The collation is set up differently in the two severs. Can this be the cause of the problem?

If it is, why the rest of the DTS packages are working properly?

Thank you,

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:46 AM
  • Did u guys ever resolve this... Am facing the same prob now
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:11 PM
  • Hi,

My dts is running now. I've deleted the DynamicProperties step and I've specified the parameters (server, username...) directly in the job step (dtsrun /S .... /U ... /P ... /N "DTS name" ) and now everything runs successfully.

Thanks,

Friday, September 26, 2008 9:32 AM
  • You have to check the data being returned. It's easy to think that things are exactly the same, but there must be some difference in what's being returned and what the data type that it's set up for. Watch for implicit conversions between types. Something like '245' will convert to an int, but 'A234' won't.

Monday, October 6, 2008 2:26 PM
    Answerer