none
Mobile report publisher, unable to get date column from SSAS tabular model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a SSAS tabular model where one of dimensions is date. Column is set as the date type and also whole table is marked as date table.

I have create a shared dataset for mobile report that is an MDX query to that tabular model (simple query made from query designer). When I'm adding this dataset to mobile report publisher it's not set as date and I can't use it in time navigator.

Doe's anybody knows hot to make it as date column?

Best regards

Daniel Stawicki

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi StawikPiast,

According to your description, you would like to retain date formatting for Analysis Services in mobile reports, right?

Based on my research, please try to add a measure to a shared Dataset in Report Builder so dates in Analysis Services data sources retain their data type in Mobile Report Publisher.  Please refer to following steps:

1.Create a measure to hold the value of the date field in question, and in the expression field, choose the hierarchy/level of the date and append .CurrentMember.MemberValue.

2.Now you can append this calculated member to the set of columns by dragging it from the Calculated Members list in the bottom left and dropping it in the column grid on the right.

Best Regards,
    Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by StawikPiast Wednesday, November 16, 2016 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi StawikPiast,

According to your description, you would like to retain date formatting for Analysis Services in mobile reports, right?

Based on my research, please try to add a measure to a shared Dataset in Report Builder so dates in Analysis Services data sources retain their data type in Mobile Report Publisher.  Please refer to following steps:

1.Create a measure to hold the value of the date field in question, and in the expression field, choose the hierarchy/level of the date and append .CurrentMember.MemberValue.

2.Now you can append this calculated member to the set of columns by dragging it from the Calculated Members list in the bottom left and dropping it in the column grid on the right.

Best Regards,
    Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by StawikPiast Wednesday, November 16, 2016 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:20 AM
  • Hi 

Thanks for that, it's preaty crappy, but it works.

Best regards

Daniel

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 3:17 PM
  • Daniel,

Did you find any problems with the report data after you added the date as a measure?  I did this some time ago and found the results from various groupings were completely incorrect.

I just updated my SSAS Server and mobile report builder to the latest version in hopes MS would have fixed this silly problem, but they have not.

In my opinion, the Mobile report product integrated with SSAS is just not a business class product in it's current state.  It lacks core functionality (& accuracy) and needs major fixes.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:41 PM
  • Just curious if DataZen had this same problem? It seems like such a base level problem that everyone building a mobile report would run into.
    • Edited by Phill D Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:05 PM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:04 PM