none
Repeating Tablix Header does not show on pages where embedded subreport details cause a page break RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 
    I have exactly same issue explained at below link

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/894720ff-0149-4a9a-8aad-acc9ab3264a5/repeating-tablix-header-does-not-show-on-pages-where-embedded-subreport-details-cause-a-page-break?forum=sqlreportingservices

or

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/99535688-b844-4806-8f99-4dce0323b815/page-break-in-subreport-is-ignored?forum=sqlreportingservices

i would be very thankful  if anyone suggest any solution to achieve this . 

Regards,
    Jay
    Sunday, April 28, 2019 7:38 PM

All replies

• I achieved this using Global Page Name variable in the header (=Globals!PageName) and setting the Page Name property on the table.

For More info please check it on stack overflow using "SSRS dynamic change the report header textbox value based on tablix row group value change"

Monday, April 29, 2019 6:07 AM
  • Hi Jay,

Using global page name was a great ideal. Yes, it is indeed a good work around. 

You could mark your post as answer, it may help people with similar request and benefit the community.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 29, 2019 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

I just tried this and I must be missing a step because the textbox in the header remains the same regardless of the record in the Dataset.

Is there something else that needs to be done besides setting the page name?

In the page name (within the table properties), I entered =Fields!CustomerName.Value, then, in the Page header, I added a textbox, selected Expression and then chose Buil-in Fields and selected PageName.

When I preview the report, I only see the customer name from the first record on all pages, not the customer name from the current record.

I am using SSRS2012.  Any ideas?

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:06 AM
  • I worked it out.  I was setting the page name in the table properties but needed to set it in the Row Group Properties instead.  The example on Stack Overflow shows the user selecting the entire table and then selecting the PageName but needs to show the use selecting the row group and then selecting Properties--> Grouping and then setting the page name.

Regardless, this post solved a problem I'd been working on for an entre day so I'm glad I found it.  I initially tried to use the ReportItem method to set the page Headers but then ran into the problem with multiple pages, needing to repeat the report item on every page and then finally the last straw, the sub report problem where the main report doesn't realize it spans multiple pages if the length of the sub report causes it to span multiple pages.

Setting the page name is much cleaner of a solution and it far more reliable than the ReportItem method so I wish I had found it first.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:48 AM
  • Cool, I am glad it finally works! :-)

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 24, 2019 6:23 AM