none
getting error in report fetch RRS feed

• Question

• i am new in reports how can i troubleshoot when running report getting below error.

ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset  *  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: No Symmetric Keys found in the database

No Symmetric Keys found in the database

SQL Server DBA

Friday, September 23, 2016 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Zeal DBA,

Based on your error message, it seems like the error is related to your report's DataSet query. 

To troubleshoot your issue, I would suggest you first verify that your DataSet query can work successfully. Go to query designer and run your query. If it is failed to run, please ensure that the tables in this query are corresponding to the database that is specified in your Data Source.

Or you can go to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), run this query. See if it works.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

Friday, September 23, 2016 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Zeal DBA,

Based on your error message, it seems like the error is related to your report's DataSet query. 

To troubleshoot your issue, I would suggest you first verify that your DataSet query can work successfully. Go to query designer and run your query. If it is failed to run, please ensure that the tables in this query are corresponding to the database that is specified in your Data Source.

Or you can go to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), run this query. See if it works.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

Friday, September 23, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Please check the below link it may help you. Apart from this provide more details. Table size, dataset details. no of count. Is this report thrown error in reporting services or while executing throw visual studio.

Friday, September 23, 2016 7:23 AM