none
SQL Server Backups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to configure the backups using Maintenance Plan in sql server 2008 R2. While creating maintenance plan I am getting the below error. Kindly help me how to resolve this error.

Getting this in the last step of creating the JOB:

TO  SaveToSQLServer method has encountered OLE DB error code 0x80004005(client unable to establish  connection) The SQL statement that was issued  has failed.

Please help me out on this!!

Regards,

Varun

• Edited by Raje14 Friday, June 17, 2016 3:47 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 3:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Scrap the maintenance plans and go with the flow like everyone else:
    http://ola.hallengren.com

Friday, June 17, 2016 9:58 PM
  • This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    Saturday, June 18, 2016 6:14 AM
  • Hi n.varun,

If SSL encryption is enabled and network packet size is greater than 16388 on your SQL Server, you are likely hitting the problem outlined in KB2006769.

To verify that, use the statements below to find out your SSL encryption status and your network packet size.

SELECT name, value_in_use FROM sys.configurations
    where name = 'network packet size (B)';
    GO
    SELECT session_id, encrypt_option
    FROM sys.dm_exec_connections;
    GO

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

Saturday, June 18, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Scrap the maintenance plans and go with the flow like everyone else:
    http://ola.hallengren.com

I dont know why people blindly propose Ola's solution, why cannot one give answer to original question asked. There is no doubt it is very good but Its become like habit wherever a question to index maintenance or backup failure comes people instead of really looking into problem just say "Use Ola's solution". For beginners that would not be an easy task. Plus most companies do not except custom solution provided by others due to the policy.

Varun are you creating MP from remote machine, can you give more information about it.

PS: I dont use Ola'solution on my clients infrastructure I have my own.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Saturday, June 18, 2016 7:51 AM