none
Excel sheet reading error. RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever i tried to load the excel sheets data into a sql table i get the error like this

[Excel Source [47]] Warning: The external columns for component "Excel Source" (47) are out of synchronization with the data source columns. The column "name" needs to be added to the external columns.
    The external column "name " (96) needs to be removed from the external columns.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: "component "Excel Source" (47)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".

I have an excel file and in that i have 3 sheets namely like sheet1$,sheet2$ and sheet3$  in that all sheets i have sample data columns like id (int),name (varchar(20)),address varchar(20)) and i created a variable and configure it in the foreach loop container to get the sheet name.I am getting the sheet names correctly (verified by using script task)in for each loop but when i put a dft task in for each loop container and trying to load the sheets data into a sql table the first sheet data is loading correctly but from the second sheet onwards it is showing the error which is mentioned above.

Please let me know what this error is and why it occurs and how to solve this error.

Thanks in advance..

• Edited by Koritala Monday, June 17, 2013 6:26 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 6:23 PM

Answers

• this error is due to a mismatch between the source and SSIS metadata. Namely column name was added to the source after the package was developed.

You need to re-set the metadata on the SSIS side.

Arthur My Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013 6:39 PM
  • Hi,

Yes , Like Arthur said,a column was added/removed because of that column mappings becomes invalid,try to fix the column mapping (disconnect source & destination again map the columns correctly) .

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:05 AM

All replies

• this error is due to a mismatch between the source and SSIS metadata. Namely column name was added to the source after the package was developed.

You need to re-set the metadata on the SSIS side.

Arthur My Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013 6:39 PM
  • Hi,

Yes , Like Arthur said,a column was added/removed because of that column mappings becomes invalid,try to fix the column mapping (disconnect source & destination again map the columns correctly) .

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:05 AM