none
How to customize the title of SSRS reports RRS feed

• Question

• How to customize the Internet Explorer tab title of SSRS reports which is created by SQL Server Reporting Services ?

• Edited by Support_SSRS Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:42 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 12:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Support_SSRS,

As I know, it will use current name or Project name as tab tile by default. If you want to change it, you might need to change in IE. You could post this issue on IE Forum for professional suggestions.

If you are use Report Viewer to view report, you could embed JavaScript in the “Report.aspx” file(I didn’t find this file in SSRS 2016, it might exist in version below to 2016) to achieve this goal. You could refer to this post for details.

Best regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Support_SSRS Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the below link

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/431022f7-2881-42d1-b0e3-6f0a9cf5058f/change-report-title-for-an-rdl?forum=sharepointsearch

Please Dont forget to mark as answer and Helpful Post. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. Milan Das

Monday, September 4, 2017 8:10 PM
  • Hi Support_SSRS,

In your scenario, what did you mean the title of SSRS report? Is report name or Report Manager title, or report header?

If you mean report name, you could modify it in design tool(SSDT or Report Builder). Right click the corresponding report to choose properties, then change it in File Name

You also could change it in Report Manager, you could click the Manage of report, then change it in Name

If you mean the title of Report Manager, you could add corresponding style in Branding. You could refer to Branding the web portal for details.

If you mean the report header or style, you could customize the temple of report, so that you will have your own style report header. You could refer to Creating a Reporting Service Report Template for details.

If I have something misunderstood, please correct me.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.
    Best regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:24 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:39 AM
  • I intended about the Internet Explorer tab's title

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:28 AM
  • Hi Support_SSRS,

As I know, it will use current name or Project name as tab tile by default. If you want to change it, you might need to change in IE. You could post this issue on IE Forum for professional suggestions.

If you are use Report Viewer to view report, you could embed JavaScript in the “Report.aspx” file(I didn’t find this file in SSRS 2016, it might exist in version below to 2016) to achieve this goal. You could refer to this post for details.

Best regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Support_SSRS Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:47 AM