none
oracle oldeb provider not visible in import/export wizard. RRS feed

• Question

• hi All,

I'm trying to export and import data between sql server and Oracle. However in the import/export wizard, i do not see Oracle Oledb provider listed, ive oracle client already installed. I also is under Linked server> Provider there is OraOledb.Oracle listed. 

Friday, September 20, 2019 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi ManOfSteel75,

There are two versions of the Import and Export Data wizard: 32-bit and 64-bit.

You need to use a version of it that matches 32-bit or 64-bit Oracle OLEDB provider you have installed.

Friday, September 20, 2019 5:12 PM
  • Hi ManOfSteel75,

As mentioned by Yitzhak, there are two versions of the Import and Export Data wizard: 32-bit and 64-bit.  Which version of the import and export wizard to use depends on the version of your oracle client.  Import and Export Data wizard on ssms is 32-bit. And you can find 64-bit from the start menu bar:

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 23, 2019 7:32 AM