none
SQL SERVER log error visual tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all...

I would like to know if there is some software that can view and organize sql server log errors... I don't found nothing about that only t-sql script etc... for getting the scope of some problem... some visual organization.

Thanks ALEN, Italy.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:57 AM

All replies

• Yes absolutly...
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Hi Alen,

Is this what you want? 

EXEC xp_readerrorlog

Sabrina

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:30 AM
  • I've tried also t-sql... like the one you give me...

I don't know if just exist some report pre-packed by someone....

I no... I think that if I'll build a SSIS + SSRS by myself :(

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Hi Alen,

What is your desire? Could you please specify your problem? Or can you provide your desire output? 

Sabrina

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:47 AM
  • I would like to find a report in Reporting Services or a graphic tool that can analyze SQL SERER ERROR log... something with a a user interface... where I can insert words like in T-SQL script and have back as result a dashboard for all typing that I would like to monitoring onto my instances... like words a : disk space, restart, etc... I know that exist some plug for monitoring tool lie nagios or other but something that have a focus only on SQL LOG Error... I don't know... if someone can give me some url for my knowledge I'll appreciate.

ALEN

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:20 AM
  • In SSMS ErrorLog Viewer you have a filter function to get only entries with specific key words; additional you can filter on date, Events and machine name

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:33 AM
  • Yes I know... but something with a dynamically dashboard...
    nope...ok ok I'll build by myself using SSIS and ETL operation and a final and interactive report... seems no exist something on this particular focus maybe some plug tool for nagios..

Thanks all.

ALEN

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Alen,

Thanks for your question. If you have other questions relating to T-SQL, feel free to let us know. And for more professional support of SSIS, you can go to MSDN forums-SSIS.

Sabrina 

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:10 AM