none
"Page Cannot be displayed " error when running large reports.

Question

•  

Hello,

We are using SSRS  with Oracle database. When  I am running large report in our network report is running fine and can export to Excel. But some of our clients are not getting the

report. when they run the report after some time they are getting "Page cannot be displayed" Error. Initially we noticed that it is a timeout issue. so we did the following changes in the

report server.

1)    Increased connection properties values to 30 mins.

name                                minimum     maximum     config_value run_value
    ----------------------------------- ----------- ----------- ------------ -----------
    remote query timeout (s)            0           2147483647  1800         1800

2)    Increased session timeout for reporting to 30 mins

select @@servername serverName,name,value from configurationinfo where name in ('SessionTimeout','SessionAccessTimeout')

servername     name                    value
    -------------- ----------------------- --------
    XXXXXXXXXXX     SessionAccessTimeout    1800
    XXXXXXXXXXX     SessionTimeout          1800

(2 row(s) affected)

3)    Global setting for reporting set to No timeOut
    4)    Restart reporting services to make sure new change take effec

Even though they are getting the same error("Page cannot be displayed") but I am not in my network.  If client uses some criteria to filter the data then he is getting the  result.

Please suggest me , Is there any setting need to fix in browser(IE) or any settings need to fix in Server side. Please send your inputs ASAP. we are facing this problem from past 10

days.....

Thanks in advance..

Ramesh.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Ramesh.

Increase the time for this

shutdown worker processes after being idle for __ Min

in  Report Server App Pool

By Default 20 min will be there, Increase that Time and In Report Server Config File, Increase The Timeout Variable.
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:30 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•  

Please check the report server log files (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156500.aspx).  Look for any errors in the log file, that will help to narrow down the potential cause of the issue.

How are your user's accessing the reports?  Via Report Manager or some custom application?  If it is a custom application, have you ruled out any potential timeouts in the custom application?

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:09 PM
  • Hi Ramesh.

Increase the time for this

shutdown worker processes after being idle for __ Min

in  Report Server App Pool

By Default 20 min will be there, Increase that Time and In Report Server Config File, Increase The Timeout Variable.
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:30 PM
    Answerer