none
Can't Add SSAS Tabular Project to Team Foundation Server RRS feed

• Question

• I just started using Visual Studio 2015 so I can build tabular models for SQL 2016. When I create a new project and select add to source control, visual studio is automatically creating a git repository and adding the project to it.  I deleted the project and this time created a new project without the add to source control option.  After the project was created (and while having being connected to the Team Foundation Server in the team tab) I right clicked the solution and selected add to source control.  Again it created a new git repository.  Why is this happening?

(Also, MS, can you please fix this input control for your forums, the space isn't working consistently and the backspace key is not working correctly either).

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:59 PM

Answers

• After trying various methods, I was able to add a tabular project to TFS by opening TFS in the team explorer in Visual Studio and from the home page, click the 'New' link that is located by the workspace options.

I checked the default Control Source options and it is set to Team Foundation server so I don't know why Visual Studio is adding projects to git by default.

• Marked as answer by Phill D Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:09 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:12 PM