none
DefaultCodePage issue from Db2 source

Question

• Hi everyone,

We're stuck with this. We've got a Db2 source connection and when we try 'Preview' button appears the following error:

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
    ------------------------------

The component reported the following warnings:

Warning at {420E9420-175B-4C2F-856A-EA5D51C23627} [OLE DB Source [1]]: Cannot retrieve the column code page info from the OLE DB provider.  If the component supports the "DefaultCodePage" property, the code page from that property will be used.  Change the value of the property if the current string code page values are incorrect.  If the component does not support the property, the code page from the component's locale ID will be used.

Choose OK if you want to continue with the operation.
    Choose Cancel if you want to stop the operation.

------------------------------

Does anyone have ever used DB2 driver from a dtsx package? If so, let me know if you had any related problem with.

Another day it happens with Oracle.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:26 AM

Answers

• The DB2 OLE DB provider does expose code page information, so it is warning you of this fact. It also suggests a workaround/fix. The OLE-DB Source has a AlwaysUseDefaultCodePage property, it is exposed in the property grid, not the custom UI. Set this to true. You could also just ignore the error, it will work, even in the preview window.

The same applies to Oracle, again they have not implemented code page support in the provider, same solution.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:42 AM
  • This is a warning, please do not call it an error, other less experienced users will start thinking it is an issue they must solve when in effect they cannot.

If the issue is just that "for the particular database the default code page is missing at the path…"  you should be able to fix the by adding a new XML file, seems simple, I’m surprised nobody has done it yet.

Actually I don’t think the files are what you suggest. I was lead to believe that the mapping files in that folder are only for the use of the Import Export Wizard only, to ensure that when building packages it adds the correct data conversions to cope with the variations in types between different providers and SSIS.

One of the SSIS team may like to correct or clarify....

Monday, July 28, 2008 11:34 AM

All replies

• The DB2 OLE DB provider does expose code page information, so it is warning you of this fact. It also suggests a workaround/fix. The OLE-DB Source has a AlwaysUseDefaultCodePage property, it is exposed in the property grid, not the custom UI. Set this to true. You could also just ignore the error, it will work, even in the preview window.

The same applies to Oracle, again they have not implemented code page support in the provider, same solution.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:42 AM
  •  DarrenSQLIS wrote:

The DB2 OLE DB provider does expose code page information, so it is warning you of this fact. It also suggests a workaround/fix. The OLE-DB Source has a AlwaysUseDefaultCodePage property, it is exposed in the property grid, not the custom UI. Set this to true. You could also just ignore the error, it will work, even in the preview window.

Follow Darren's advice.  Set the "AlwaysUseDefaultCodePage" to true and your warning will go away.
    Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:31 PM
  • hi guys, not tested yet. That's for a colleague of mine.

thanks

Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:44 PM
  •  

Its because, for the particular database the default code page is missing at the path "c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\MappingFiles"

Check my blog article for the same.

http://venkattechnicalblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/ssis-errors-part-4.html

Regards,

Venkatesan Prabu .J

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:59 AM
  • This is a warning, please do not call it an error, other less experienced users will start thinking it is an issue they must solve when in effect they cannot.

If the issue is just that "for the particular database the default code page is missing at the path…"  you should be able to fix the by adding a new XML file, seems simple, I’m surprised nobody has done it yet.

Actually I don’t think the files are what you suggest. I was lead to believe that the mapping files in that folder are only for the use of the Import Export Wizard only, to ensure that when building packages it adds the correct data conversions to cope with the variations in types between different providers and SSIS.

One of the SSIS team may like to correct or clarify....

Monday, July 28, 2008 11:34 AM